Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Hello from Scotland UK

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Just as I was thinking everyone had dji's & I was the odd one out, I stumbled upon this forum and pleased I did!
I'm a former pilot & part of the original BA Cockpit Management Program, but all licences are now out of date. I bought a second hand Phantom FC40 to practice but only managed a handful of flights before my son decided to sneak out and demonstrate his skills in a park with a 20ft high fence. He lost control around 25ft and it now rests at the bottom of Holy Loch. This resulted in him being grounded for life. But, since there was a new GoPro attached, this sentence was increased to 'forever'!

I haven't flown my beastie yet, but hopefully at the weekend. My wife is a professional photographer, so I hope to be in a position to make this a full time commercial career in the next year, however I am aware I need to do a CAA course first and a hobbyist for now.

I look forward to being part of the group and hope I can make a decent input to assist others in the future.

Welcome to the group.I live in Grangemouth and also have a Karma,a couple of DJI drones and also Yuneec,

Reactions: Hummingbird
Ah orite a fellow Scot! You can probably tell me how stupid I've been not going for a dji, since you know both worlds. I just discovered today that GoPro are dropping the Karma and watched a YouTube on how easy it is to crash and break the £250 gimbal. Really didn't do my homework properly on this one...

DJI does not compare on video side and they have issues also. Just don’t push the Karma to extremes and know how to fly w/o GPS.

I am strong supporter of Scottish economy as am an avid whisky drinker as in single malts from Scotland. Was in oilfield so had a bit of time in Aberdeen and visited other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G'day mate!
I am in Australia.
My wife is from Scotland (Hawick)
We will be back over there next year
Not sure if I am going to take my Karma, may not fit the luggage...
Have fun!

G'day mate!
I am in Australia.
My wife is from Scotland (Hawick)
We will be back over there next year
Not sure if I am going to take my Karma, may not fit the luggage...
Have fun!

I'm always amazed how small the world is with this Interweb technology!
I was brought up in Gorebridge & Newtongrange (both on the A7 Hawick road) & worked in Galashiels. I'm sure your wife will remember them. Yes, you need to look me up when you get over.

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old & bold pilots.
Hummingbird Media Productions

DJI does not compare on video side and they have issues also. Just don’t push the Karma to extremes and know how to fly w/o GPS.

I am strong supporter of Scottish economy as am an avid whisky drinker as in single malts from Scotland. Was in oilfield so had a bit of time in Aberdeen and visited other places.

LoL! Yes we do produce some good stuff. Isle, Jura and Glayva are my ticklers!

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old & bold pilots.
Hummingbird Media Productions

Oban and Talisker on my list among others.

AHAHAH!

I still have a bottle of 18yo Glenmorangie here old chaps.

Left over from our last visit to the UK.

tis a nice drop.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS