Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Hello from London

Nick Nack

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I’ve just bought a karma 10 minutes ago (I’ve had a hero 6 & karma grip for about a month) I’m obsessed with everything GoPro
I’ve never had a drone what do I need to know? Any tips, tricks, hacks and definitely don’t do’s would be really appreciated
I have some polar pro cinema filters
Cheers
Nick

Hi Guys

I’ve just bought a karma 10 minutes ago (I’ve had a hero 6 & karma grip for about a month) I’m obsessed with everything GoPro
I’ve never had a drone what do I need to know? Any tips, tricks, hacks and definitely don’t do’s would be really appreciated
I have some polar pro cinema filters
Cheers
Nick

Suggestion not to learn to fly using the Karma. Lots of very cheap quad/controller packages. Get one and learn to fly. You will be much more confident when flying the Karma and if no GPS that so many talk about, and has never bothered me, you will be prepared. The Karma is fine when used as intended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finding somewhere to fly in the UK is quite a pain :(

Hello and Welcome to the Skies,

I have been using the Karma platform since the beginning of this year and would be happy to share any info I've learned thus far, for staters here is a few things I learned through trial and error and general experience and flight time.
Make sure when you use polar pro filters to see if you have to use EV compensation in your camera to get correct exposure. I've been using these for a couple of months and I love what the polarized glass does for my footage but footage seemed to be underexposed by about a half stop. It just occurred to me to adjust the camera using EV compensation settings yesterday. You should be able to do this from camera or Karma controller, the great thing about the controller is that you can change all your camera settings and review previously recorded footage from the controller itself. The controller does however automatically mute your camera, which can be fixed in camera setting on the controller, if you want to hear the sound of your props whirring about. I know this sound weird but but hearing how the props respond to your controls can help you develop smoother flying techniques which will help with battery time and smoothness of your shots. Also make sure to do a OS update on your computer so you can view newer "Ultra" HD file formats. HEVC264/265, For Mac High Sierra will do you can always compress to lower resolutions but you cannot get additional resolution from lower resolution files. This will allow you to crop your shots without losing too much resolution. And like JCLs said get some toy drones and crash them for a while they usually will handle crashes pretty well and can be flown after a crash usually... If you crash Karma it will die not to mention with no prop guards could do some serious damage to anything it hits especially people. I've got 2 Karmas and A ton of cool accessories if you have any questions about that kind of stuff I would be happy to give my option about what to add to your drone to make it even more awesome. I hope this info was useful to you.

Happy Droning

PS.

Don't let the haters on the web get you down about Karma. Karma is a fun drone and a very useful and practical platform especially for your Gopro camera. So you won't be able to fly to the moon or circumnavigate the globe or automatically avoid a forrest of trees... like the (Almighty DJI Drones)... still a very useful piece of equipment and if you are a GOPRO fanatic you have to have one or two (parts are modular and can be easily mixed and matched if you crash....but don't crash)

I am just south of you in Sussex

I got my set up a few weeks ago and only last week got to do some TestFlights

I did these in the back garden and kept below 20ft just to learn the controls and how it responds

After 5 flights I feel confident enough to go out into the wild

It really is a great bit of kit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS