Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Hello From Australia

SamJorgensen

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I haven't had much experience with drones except for a cheap $50au drone. I am saving up for a gopro karma to use with my Hero4 Silver. I'm 15. I'm also looking at the Blade Chroma with st10+ and gopro gimbal but have heard about lots of problems with them. Any advice would be appreciated. I have also seen on a website about a youtuber who had lots of problems with the gopro karma. Can people with the karma please let me know how good the karma is. Thanks

Hi Sam,

I've owned my Karma for a little over a week now, and I've been more than happy with it. I also owned a first-generation Karma before the recall (had it shipped from the US to AU, then returned) and it has improved quite substantially since then. The main points I've found are:

• The horizon tilt issue seem to have disappeared. I posted a YouTube video with my first-generation grip attached to my kids running pram, and found the tilt to be horrible. So far my new Karma hasn't had any issues, and I'll give the pram another test run this weekend. It certainly looks promising.
  • I flew it last weekend on a family farm, and had no issues out to approximately 900 metres. At that distance I lost visual sight of it and returned home. In Australia at least, you must keep it with visual line-of-sight (VLOS), so I think it's safe to say that range isn't an issue because you hit legal limits before you hit technical ones. Some people have commented that they lose connection with the drone at short distances, but I suspect that's due to environmental factors (terrain, interference, etc.) more than a technical ones. YMMV.
  • It's so easy to fly. I can't compare it to other drones, but I can land it on any point (manually, of course) at very short notice.
  • Spare batteries aren't yet available in Australia, as far as I can tell. I wish they were - I'd buy one.

Whatever you choose to buy, make sure you understand CASA rules around flying a drone (UAS) in Australia, and download their app that publishes the no-fly zones so you don't end up in trouble. Have fun!

Hello, I find it so easy to fly here in Australia and after reading though nearly all comments on this forum i find that maybe because Australia is less crowded with Wifi and interference that we have such a good run (early stages of ownership here but so far so good)
or maybe the latest update has made a difference

Any other Aussies with stories?

Hiya from South Aussie!
It is really fun to fly (quite refreshing NOT having all the sensors that others have)
Havent had any issues as yet flying in Oz (touch wood)
Just keep the bird within line of site!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS