Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GPS Stickers

Oneshot

Reaction score
Is there a way to add the GPS stickers in the GoPro video app to footage recorded with the Karma? I have GPS turned on in the Hero5, but the app does not allow me to add the stickers when recording in flight with the Karma. I’m thinking the Karma disables the camera GPS, but I do not know.

Is there a way to add the GPS stickers in the GoPro video app to footage recorded with the Karma? I have GPS turned on in the Hero5, but the app does not allow me to add the stickers when recording in flight with the Karma. I’m thinking the Karma disables the camera GPS, but I do not know.

Hiya mate!
When you say stickers do you mean the overlay stuff that shows you your speed, altitude, track etc
If so, then you need to add them when editing the vids in GoPro Quik.
I can get overlay info for my flights and land based video just need to add the info in post production.
Hope this helps.

The overlay stuff is exactly what I’m mean, except I can not add it. I am using IOS and have not tried the desktop, which is a Mac as well. Overlays in the IOS app show like GPS is not turned on in the camera.

I have a PC but I'm sure the GoPro program "Quik" would work on a Mac.
You need that to use the overlays.
Good luck.

With dashware which Quik is based on you can do this.

Done with Quik

Done with Dashware

Dashware also supports video file merge with the GPS data. Quick only works with a single video file e.g. 4Gb of video.

Reactions: Ironspear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS