Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GPS issue

Does anybody know how to fix the gps issue with the karma
Have you installed the latest updates?
There was an issue with the GPS for all Karma quads as we entered 2020.
GoPro fixed it with an update.

Hope this helps

Good luck.

Have fun.

The Karma Drone v2.50.01 update:- Karma Drone
Need help.
I just setup my drone bought back in 2017 for the first time. Everything is up to date but calibration keeps failing. It says can’t calibrate without gps. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, but I already have latest updates. The Karma Drone v2.50.01 is installed. All devices show “up to date”. Should I change the location and try again? The article some rare locations in the world have the magnetic issue. Am I at the rare location ??

Thanks, but I already have latest updates. The Karma Drone v2.50.01 is installed. All devices show “up to date”. Should I change the location and try again? The article some rare locations in the world have the magnetic issue. Am I at the rare location ??
All I can tell you is I know mine took several attempts to re-calibrate even after the update to v2.50.01, either persevere with it, or give the GoPro Support a shout.
Also worth looking through this thread to check for similar problems...good luck.
GoPro Support Hub: Karma

Reactions: Bo gopro
try to calibrate accelerometer first before the compass. It seems to be a workarou d for some people.

This is bs! Go pro shouldnt just leave us stranded on the ground. I know you could fly anyways, but who wants to take that chance. We bought this karma for a reason...not to take our chances. Go pro needs to fix this problem.

I always calibrate both the compass and accelerometer before taking off, it is easy to use a rolling plate ( normally adapted in the flora design), and finished in a short time if there are not much interference, there are two possible reasons that Karma can't be calibrated : 1. heavy magnetic or WIFI interference such as in the urban or residential area, 2. Karma receives not enough gps signal such as indoor, you have to always move to another spots until it is calibrated.
I have now 2 fleets for my aerophotography totally include 2 Gopro Karma, and 3 Parrot Anafi, they are all fine if you do follow the pre-flight process.

Gopro Karma:
slide-204.jpg
Parrot Anafi:
slide-13.jpg

Sarge,

Quit dreaming, GoPro actually did pretty good for a long time after discontinuing the product. This is reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not dreaming. The go pro cameras still have gps. Especially the go pro 8. There isn't any reason why they can't put out a new update to fix this problem. I have alot of money wrapped up in the karma. Cant believe they would just put all the karma users out to pasture.

Ok the karma is back up and running. When I turned on the controller it said everything was updated and a check mark was on each piece. So I decided to check. The karma drone itself was not showing a valid update of 2.50.01. I had to manually update the drone. So I just flew the drone with no problems. Glad is all up to date.

Ok the karma is back up and running. When I turned on the controller it said everything was updated and a check mark was on each piece. So I decided to check. The karma drone itself was not showing a valid update of 2.50.01. I had to manually update the drone. So I just flew the drone with no problems. Glad is all up to date.
How do you manually update the drone firmware? Just curious...

You have to get on gopro.com or the gopro app and go to updates. They will have a list of cameras and drone items that show updates. Make sure the controller, camera are updated and and then the drone unit can be updated.

Yes the drone can be updated even without a camera or gimbal attached. No harm done.
If not attaching a camera then dont attach the gimbal.

You have to get on gopro.com or the gopro app and go to updates. They will have a list of cameras and drone items that show updates. Make sure the controller, camera are updated and and then the drone unit can be updated.
The only drone update that I can find keeps pointing me back to the update via the controller. Is there a downloadable update for the drone (I though that is what you meant by manual). After almost two years GoPro are yet to provide me with a solution to update my unit. The update does not show up in my controller, I have done updates before so know how its done but there is nothing for this one on my unit.

Reactions: ChuckG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS