Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Got a Karma. How long before it flies away

mjbok

Reaction score
I have a drone addiction. I love flying all types as they all fly differently and some bring different things to the table.

I bought a Karma yesterday (mostly because with the sale price the drone was more or less free with the GoPro 6 and the grip). The question is how long until it just up and flies away.

I'd love to get a picture of all of my drones in the air (Typhoon H, Phantom OG, Spark, Air, Evo, and now Karma.) I could take a pic with my spare H.

I’ve heard of Spark flyaways, Mavic flyaways, H flyaways... it happens. Been flying my Karma for almost two years without issue.

I really hope this is the case. The closest thing I had to a fly away was a couple of times where I knew something wasn't right and immediately landed and one time I lost my original phantom. With the phantom I went inside to get my keys to go to drive around to find it and when I came back out (10-15 minutes later) it was just sitting there. It came home on its own just like a good doggie.

Reactions: JCLs and Shon
Thanx SurfDog!

Had no idea about the kp magnetic conditions, but it makes sense. Great app, just downloaded. My area shows kp3.

Have had a few incidences with my drone trying to break loose and fly crazy but because it got near a metal building. Had to get on top of the controls quick before it kamikazed on me.

Only one time the signal strength was weak and the autopilot kicked in to return it home.

I have a drone addiction. I love flying all types as they all fly differently and some bring different things to the table.

I bought a Karma yesterday (mostly because with the sale price the drone was more or less free with the GoPro 6 and the grip). The question is how long until it just up and flies away.

I'd love to get a picture of all of my drones in the air (Typhoon H, Phantom OG, Spark, Air, Evo, and now Karma.) I could take a pic with my spare H.

Me to, have a mavic pro, phantom 4, Anafi and now a Karma, can't stop!

Reactions: Shon
Mine took 1 year and a half to fly away... You'll have time to take your picture before it's gone :)

Me to, have a mavic pro, phantom 4, Anafi and now a Karma, can't stop!

Glad to know I'm not the only one. How do you justify it? I can't, but curious if you could. The closest I can get is "I work hard, I can have some toys."

Glad to know I'm not the only one. How do you justify it? I can't, but curious if you could. The closest I can get is "I work hard, I can have some toys."
That is pretty much how I think of it. I also try to bring my family into the hobby, or at least build some family friendly activity around me flying. My wife has been more than supportive-she actually bought me two of my quads!

Get the range extender if you can. It really helps. No fly aways yet [emoji3]

Except with the Mavic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS