Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GoPro lays off 200 in struggle to find its footing

clackey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bad news continues for GoPro...

"On Wednesday, GoPro announced it would slash 15 percent of its workforce, or about 200 jobs, and shutter its entertainment division, in a restructuring that the company said will help it focus on its core camera products.

It’s been a long slide for Go Pro, whose triumphant 2014 IPO was the biggest public market debut in two decades for a consumer hardware company.

Despite its early success and endorsement deals with high-profile athletes like Olympic snowboarder Shaun White, GoPro’s stock has tumbled 44.6 percent this year. It reported an $84 million loss in its most recent quarterly earnings. And it suffered a big setback when it tried to diversify by creating its own drone — only to recall the product just before the critical holiday shopping season."

Full story - GoPro lays off 200 as it struggles to find footing

Wow... that is sad news for sure. With the copy market getting so good and so much cheaper, they are even hurting in the camera department.

And what is a GoPro Entertainment Division? o_O

It really is too bad. I do still have faith i them though but time will tell.

NO NO NO they fired 200 employees and their customer support is on the Philippines, tragic because the customer service is TERRIBLE AT ITS BEST FOR THE CUSTOMER!!!

NO NO NO they fired 200 employees and their customer support is on the Philippines, tragic because the customer service is TERRIBLE AT ITS BEST FOR THE CUSTOMER!!!

The customer service is marginal now, not what I expected from GoPro. I had so much faith in this American company until I bought this Karma and crashed it by itself. They argued it wasn't a defect and it was my fault.

Just like everything else you buy that is american made. You would think our nation would find a way to get rid of overseas services like this crap. Not saying i dont like my karma drone nor the gopro hero 5 camera but seriously. All these drone companies are kicking their butt right now in the drone department.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS