Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GoPro laying off 200–300, mostly Karma

clackey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not good news....

"GoPro is laying off 200–300 employees this week, mostly from the part of the company that works on the Karma drone, according to TechCrunch. A letter was reportedly sent to these employees this week which stated that the company is restructuring “to better align our resources with business requirements,” though they will remain on the payroll until the middle of February."

GoPro cuts hundreds of jobs in its drone division: report

Yes, probably not good news. My experiences with their support have been "Fair" at best; I don't know how that can improve with fewer employees. The Karma is a decent drone but I'm hesitant to rely on it for commercial purposes. You can never know these things ahead of time, but if I suspected GoPro was going to downsize their Karma division I probably wouldn't have bought one.

Reactions: Lhwjr
Yes, probably not good news. My experiences with their support have been "Fair" at best; I don't know how that can improve with fewer employees. The Karma is a decent drone but I'm hesitant to rely on it for commercial purposes. You can never know these things ahead of time, but if I suspected GoPro was going to downsize their Karma division I probably wouldn't have bought one.

I agree, support and continued program development is a big factor towards a buying factor. I think I would have been at the same decision factors as well having known this.

Well, they tried. It is too bad as we need all the competition we can get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS