Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GoPro Karma vs DJI Mavic comparison video

CAPTAINDRONE

Reaction score
OK, so you have to realize this reviewer has a sense of humor and he may be going a bit over the top in his thoughts about the GoPro Karma. Remember he is an experienced drone pilot and I guess he was expecting the GoPro Karma to be pretty polished. But this is GoPro's very first drone, so it's really not going to be all that polished and technically sound.

Here is the review.... If you love the Karma, you may want to look away.

Reactions: clackey
Good points. I didn't realize it was that much larger than the mavic.

I saw the review last night. I really liked his Mavic review and Mavic VS P4 review. For someone who also ordered the Karma in addition to Mavic, I am just that much more excited for my Mavic order. Don't know if I'd be cancelling the Karma order, but most likely will keep it in place with B&H (especially since B&H stopped taking preorders).

but most likely will keep it in place with B&H (especially since B&H stopped taking preorders).

Whoa, I didn't even realized they stopped! Now that is interesting. I guess they knew they'd only be allocated a certain amount by the end of November (probably 100 units) and no confirmation for anything beyond that at this time.

Just FYR, I checked with B&H and below is the response received. So I guess I'm scheduled to receive it on Thanksgiving weekend... I know I should be more excited but after seeing above review, it's an honest meh.. Still patiently waiting for my Mavic order. hehe.

Hello Joon H Rhee, my name is Luke M:

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Please be advised that your backorder is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 11/21/16 . As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information.

I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it has caused you.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Luke M

B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio

The Professional's Source.

Customer Service Department

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Just FYR, I checked with B&H and below is the response received. So I guess I'm scheduled to receive it on Thanksgiving weekend... I know I should be more excited but after seeing above review, it's an honest meh.. Still patiently waiting for my Mavic order. hehe.

As long as you receive it by end November that's great. I should receive mine around the same time you receive yours (I cancelled my order with GoPro last week and switch to B&H).

Also, my Mavic Pro just arrived tonight. The only thing that surprised me was how solid feeling it is. Feels more solid than any drone I own.

Sweet!!! If you don't mind me asking (and off topic), when and where did you order your Mavic? Just thought I'd check because I ordered mine somewhat late on 10/10..

Sweet!!! If you don't mind me asking (and off topic), when and where did you order your Mavic? Just thought I'd check because I ordered mine somewhat late on 10/10..
Order during the late afternoon of launch date. ordered the Fly More package. Even with all the items in the package the shipping box is still rather small.

Reactions: joonrhee
the videos coming from the hero5 look better than Mavics in the vids I have seen so far with regard to image quality so it will be interesting to compare footage from both when they get going.........must admit from sitting on the fence since both were released, I am slightly leaning towards the karma, but wont be buying anything until I see how much the inspire 2 will be lol

I currently own DJI Mavic and I'm completely satisfied with the quality of this drone. I bought mine from www.aeromotus.com several months ago and during that period I didn't face any issues. Mavic has lots of flight modes, better camera and better battery life. It is much better to overpay a little bit but get a better drone. This is my must have tool in all my trips now.

I can see why the Mavic Pro would be the better drone, but if you want an amateur-filmmaking-kit-in-a-bag, the Karma system gives you that (and no, I haven't been drinking Nick's Kool-Aid).

Yesterday I went out with my family and captured a tonne of great video of my daughter trying out her new bike. I used the grip in my hands while I was riding behind, and then attached it to my backpack. The drone stayed in the bag because I had no use for it in that situation, but the rest of the Karma gear was brilliant.

You just can't do that with a Mavic Pro.

If you want a drone, sure...buy a Mavic Pro. If you want to film more than just aerial footage (and that's definitely me), Karma is a good choice. Also whatever enhancements the Hero6 is about to bring to the table will be available for Karma with an updated harness.

You could always buy a Karma Grip + Mavic Pro, but then your costs are way up, and in 12 months you'll be disappointed with it's fixed camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS