Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GoPro Karma not available until November 14

CAPTAINDRONE

Reaction score
Well, it looks like GoPro has the same problem as DJI when it comes to shipping. There site now says the GoPro Karma will not ship until November 14th at the earliest.

EDIT: As of the last week in October, the site now says November 28th.

Last edited:
What's equally as bad is that GoPro has a shortage of everything "Karma" related. Hopefully when the Karma is finally shipped, the Karma batteries will also be available.

So we could see a shipment of the Karma drone mid November, but no additional batteries until much later. This seems to be common with big drone launches these days.

This may not be good for GoPro's bottom $$ end year quarter because Christmas is fast approaching and the drone that is available around the globe in large quantities in October/November is the one that Santa brings. We already know from GoPro statements that the Karma may not be available for world wide distribution until possibly 2017.

Yes I noticed this too. The Quik Key for Apple products is not in stock which will make an impact on end user friendliness, although there is GoPro Plus... And as you mentioned the batteries. As I already purchased a Hero5 it is really frustrating to see the option for the bundle available but not for the drone seperate. So for being a loyal customer who purchasing the new camera on release date I am going to be penalized for now having to wait until the drone is sold seperate?!?!?! Not acceptable. Even worse I was rubbing it in yesterday to a friend who is jumping on the dji wagon about their poor business operations.... Looks like I have to bite my tongue:( lol

Yes I noticed this too. The Quik Key for Apple products is not in stock which will make an impact on end user friendliness, although there is GoPro Plus... And as you mentioned the batteries. As I already purchased a Hero5 it is really frustrating to see the option for the bundle available but not for the drone separate. So for being a loyal customer who purchasing the new camera on release date I am going to be penalized for now having to wait until the drone is sold separate?!?!?! Not acceptable. Even worse I was rubbing it in yesterday to a friend who is jumping on the dji wagon about their poor business operations.... Looks like I have to bite my tongue:( lol

I encounter the same problem with Yuneec when they launched the Typhoon H. Shipping dates came and went and it took months before there was sufficient product accessories.

DJI is doing the opposite with the launch of the Mavic. I was very early to order the DJI Mavic on the launch day because DJI said, "First come, First served". However, since I ordered the "Fly More" bundle which comes with extra batteries and a case, etc, it is not available for shipping due to shortages of products. Customers who ordered long after me and ordered just the basic package are having their orders shipped out.

The competition in the drone market, prior to the holiday season, makes the manufactures not really tell the whole truth about availability prior to the launch. I guess if you're an early adopter of such products, you have to expect all the broken promises.

OK... as of today the Karma Drone, Controller, Grip and Hero 5, are now not available until End of November 2016.

A small number of people were able to order the GoPro Karma Hero 5 bundle (direct from GoPro.Com) at midnight into early Sunday & some have received theirs today.

Reactions: Topher
Awesome to see some guys have theirs already. I have placed my order from GoPro and awaiting shipping... They said it could ship within 2 days or 2 weeks lol. The first order they had available to be shipped was only 20,000 units and they are awaiting their next shipment to reach the warehouse for packing and shipping.....

Reactions: Topher
Awesome to see some guys have theirs already. I have placed my order from GoPro and awaiting shipping... They said it could ship within 2 days or 2 weeks lol. The first order they had available to be shipped was only 20,000 units and they are awaiting their next shipment to reach the warehouse for packing and shipping.....

I think you'd be very surprised to discover that the number you are quoting for the first order is off by many, many thousands. Imagine if 20,000 people in the US had ordered the GoPro Karma hero 5 bundle. This forum and many others, as well as YouTube would be flooded with open boxes, reviews, errors, crashes. Sure we're early in the week, but 20,000 equals plenty of overnight shipping deliveries for those who wanted it bad... and were not seeing that. And more importantly, GoPro wouldn't be so silent on the entire topic. I don't have the exact number of Karma's with Hero 5 camera bundle that were available on day one, but I can say it's pretty apparent it was very small indeed.

I think you'd be very surprised to discover that the number you are quoting for the first order is off by many, many thousands. Imagine if 20,000 people in the US had ordered the GoPro Karma hero 5 bundle. This forum and many others, as well as YouTube would be flooded with open boxes, reviews, errors, crashes. Sure we're early in the week, but 20,000 equals plenty of overnight shipping deliveries for those who wanted it bad... and were not seeing that. And more importantly, GoPro wouldn't be so silent on the entire topic. I don't have the exact number of Karma's with Hero 5 camera bundle that were available on day one, but I can say it's pretty apparent it was very small indeed.

Sorry my bad... I wrote that wrong... I meant to say that the first orders they recieved were 20,000 units. And that was in the first few hours to my understanding... This coming from a GoPro sales rep... Dont quote me on that lol Clearly they were unable to fulfill that number and since then many more have ordered. They are now awaiting more units to arrive to be packaged and shipped. Looks like its going to be awhile.

You should try getting one in the UK - or even getting information about getting one in the UK - its impossible.

I spent half an hour on the GoPro online chat 'help' page, with one of their advisors, who had no idea when they would be available over here.

GoPro, the company with $1.5billion turnover per annum, and they cant give out information about releases - because they dont know.

Gobsmacked is not the word, but 'amateurs' is getting close.

Reactions: Canalsman
You should try getting one in the UK - or even getting information about getting one in the UK - its impossible.

I spent half an hour on the GoPro online chat 'help' page, with one of their advisors, who had no idea when they would be available over here.

GoPro, the company with $1.5billion turnover per annum, and they cant give out information about releases - because they dont know.

Gobsmacked is not the word, but 'amateurs' is getting close.

Or shooting yourself in both feet not just the one!

I ordered mine right when the website was available. Still shows being prepared. I just hope it meets my expectations since only flown flown Phantoms with good experiences.

Just an FYI for customers around Charlotte; Local bestbuy has ONE GoPro karma with Hero4 Black in Stock. Karma with Hero5 will possibly be here by next week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS