Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GoPro Karma - Loss Of Signal - return path demonstration

Ellsworth_RD_Productions

Reaction score
I ran into a great opportunity to test out the Return to Launch feature when you have complete signal loss. I was traveling up the road to Rogers Trough in the Superstition Mt range East of Phoenix, AZ. This is an area known to have a lot of mining operations and lots of iron oar around which may amount for the surprisingly weak signal reception.

I was flying between two mountain peaks at about 2000 ft distance when the signal became weak. I attempted to turn around and return closer. I completely lost video feed and heard the voice warning of "..signal lost...returning to launch point...". I let the Drone take over and fly back to better signal strength. I was then able to press "X" on the controller and regain control.

This is an example of the safety features built into the GoPro Karma drone. The reason this featured saved Karmie was because I took the time to calibrate the drone on site before launch. I also gave the controller a few extra moments before take off to "lock" on to more GPS satellites...if that is really a thing or just Karma Voodoo :).

Make sure your drone has more than enough elevation programmed into it. I've had Annie about clobber formations and stuff when she takes over on me like that. I disarmed the low battery a couple of days ago, sick of the drone taking control on me!

Specta
I ran into a great opportunity to test out the Return to Launch feature when you have complete signal loss. I was traveling up the road to Rogers Trough in the Superstition Mt range East of Phoenix, AZ. This is an area known to have a lot of mining operations and lots of iron oar around which may amount for the surprisingly weak signal reception.

I was flying between two mountain peaks at about 2000 ft distance when the signal became weak. I attempted to turn around and return closer. I completely lost video feed and heard the voice warning of "..signal lost...returning to launch point...". I let the Drone take over and fly back to better signal strength. I was then able to press "X" on the controller and regain control.

This is an example of the safety features built into the GoPro Karma drone. The reason this featured saved Karmie was because I took the time to calibrate the drone on site before launch. I also gave the controller a few extra moments before take off to "lock" on to more GPS satellites...if that is really a thing or just Karma Voodoo :).
spectacular scenery there!!!

Make sure your drone has more than enough elevation programmed into it. I've had Annie about clobber formations and stuff when she takes over on me like that. I disarmed the low battery a couple of days ago, sick of the drone taking control on me!

I didn't even know you could do that...good to know...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS