Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GoPro Karma Grounded Worldwide thanks to GPS issue.

Reactions: XerxesZ and Shon
I've been a long time lurker and finally registerd when I saw mention of this issue. Tried my karma today and I'm absolutely having the GPS issue.

Hope this gets worked out. Going wheeling in death valley at the end of the month and was planning on Karma footage.

Reactions: Shon
All 3 of mine are grounded........any word from GoPro other than “we’re working on it”?

Thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Steve7
I wonder if this is connect in any way.... Understanding the root issue was an outdated geo magnetic map...

I never had a single compass error until late November and in December. I wonder if the more dated the file, the more chances of an actual error is?

Reactions: XerxesZ
I wonder if this is connect in any way.... Understanding the root issue was an outdated geo magnetic map...

I never had a single compass error until late November and in December. I wonder if the more dated the file, the more chances of an actual error is?

Not sure, but I did read last year of the need for the update, due to magnetic changes at the north pole. It is certainly feasible that the compass was fighting harder and harder against old data, necessitating more frequent calibration as the compass was detecting an error between what it was expecting, and what the results of magnetic north actually were.

I haven't flown my Karma in the last year, but I always did a compass update before flying... I also traveled quite a bit in-between flights, so it was always pretty much required for me anyway.

Yes, my 2 Karma are also grounded, hope Gopro will update the firmware soon, I still enjoy the flying of Karma as the sky tripod for my aerial photography and 2 more batteries ( total 5 pcs )as spare purchased from Amazon recently .

Reactions: Shon
Back in the air? See message 293.

Karma won’t start & compass calibration failed, no gps signal

Quote:- 'The firmware update that fixes the GPS/positioning grounding issue will be released tomorrow morning California time (Monday, January 13th).

Thank you all for your patience this week. Great to see so many folks out there still enjoying their Karma ecosystems!

Pablo Lema - GoPro Product team.'

Last edited:
Yes, I could't download the new firmware in my area Taipei.

Hi there all.

I have successfully downloaded and installed the update for the GPS issue.

I am in Australia. Just have to wait a bit after you connect your controller to your wifi network. Eventually mine told me there was a new update to install.

You need your controller to get the updates and you need your Karma turned on to get updated....

First test flight worked perfectly. Even the calibration went without a hitch.

All seems back to normal.

Phew!

Reactions: Steve7
Hi there,
I have also updated the new firmware through a few patient in process, thank Gopro team for their attention and hope all the Karma pilots are back to the sky again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS