Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GoPro Karma Grounded Worldwide thanks to GPS issue.

The new magnetic map will expire 2025. I hope that GoPro will keep up the support. I don‘t know if I will still fly my Karma in 2025 but I don‘t like the feeling, that a product has a defined end-of-life.
If GoPro cancels support until then, there will still be a way of fixing the map by manually replacing it via the DM368-console.
So fortunately no defined end-of-life for the Karma even without future GoPro Support.

Reactions: XerxesZ
Hi there,
I have had a post on the "Gopro Support Hub" as the following, and hope can be a kind of suggestion:

"I have downloaded the new firmware through a few patient via WiFi and the updating finalized, Karma is back to the sky again, the calibration for both "compass" and "acceleration meter" completed within a minute this time.
I have also experienced the "Compass calibration failure" in the second stage many times, so I have a rotating plate (see the attachment) to help to do the job, then every time now the calibration can be done in a short time, but my experience is most of this problem are the locations, when you move to a suitable spot normally the calibration will be completed."
IMG_2351.JPG

The new magnetic map will expire 2025. I hope that GoPro will keep up the support. I don‘t know if I will still fly my Karma in 2025 but I don‘t like the feeling, that a product has a defined end-of-life.
If GoPro cancels support until then, there will still be a way of fixing the map by manually replacing it via the DM368-console.
So fortunately no defined end-of-life for the Karma even without future GoPro Support.

I think they definitely will do the support again in 2025, for an enterprise, the responsibility and reputation are the life of it, without them no company will be existed, by the way, for Gopro this kind of support won't be a hard job.

G'Day All, I am back fron my visit to the Cook IsIands, and like everyone else ran into the GPS problem, and since my return have not had a chance to update the gear. I have though bought a BT Anemometer to measure the wind speed before you fly from Amazon. I will find it very useful I am sure when I am ready to fly once more.

G'Day All, I am back fron my visit to the Cook IsIands, and like everyone else ran into the GPS problem, and since my return have not had a chance to update the gear. I have though bought a BT Anemometer to measure the wind speed before you fly from Amazon. I will find it very useful I am sure when I am ready to fly once more.
Hope you still had a great holiday though mate!
Happy New Year!

Thank you all.
I awoke this morning and through this group learned of the software update, and problems that required it. I haven't flown my baby for several months and was hoping to take it out with visiting family this week.
Controller downloaded fine, but failed update of camera and then Karma multiple times.
I then Plugged camera, Hero 6, into computer, turned it on, then used Quick desktop on Windows 10 to update it. Update was successful, connected camera to drone and controller recognized update and then completed drone.
Haven attempted calibration or flight yet, but green lights on all.

Thanks again ? to you all.

Still having calibration problems. Turned on controller and Karma. All products show checkmark up to date, but install icon is greyed out in lower right corner of controler. Does this mean everything is up to date? I tried to fly but still getting the calibration error. I tried to recalibrate and still get a calibration error so it doesn't let me calibrate.

You need a few patient waiting for the install icon displaying on the controller through WiFi, I also have tried a few times to get the download done (it failed several times in the process), there must be a "screen of timer" during updating process and at last a "screen of updating successfully" showed up, just power on both controller and karma and connected to WiFi waiting for the install icon, then click the icon to update.

Reactions: Ironspear
Yep, updated mine and it seems to fly fine. Sorry about the problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine failed once... updated successfully on the second go. Glad I checked it, because the remote battery was absolutely dead... keep it stored too long at zero and that battery will not be resurrected.

You can have the same problem with your drone batteries, so if you haven't flown it in a while, it is a good idea to review the charge every three months or so...and keep them charged at least half way.

Seems you are saying if a Karma battery goes dead it can’t be used again? Not sure that is true. I just bought “new” battery that arrived dead and it seems to have recharged fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS