Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GoPro karma Firmware v2.50.01 HELP.

I can't find the file you mentioned. Do you have the final88.img file?
Do you mean the android system? Yes I have a copy in my netdisk but I don't know if you can visit outside China.

Reactions: serkan
Do you mean the android system? Yes I have a copy in my netdisk but I don't know if you can visit outside China.
I can't login to the site you provided. I don't have a china number. Can you upload to other cloud? for example PCloud. Google Drive. mega. dropbox. Microsoft OneDrive. YandexDisk like

I specifically registered on this site to send you this same file. I have both software version 2.0 and 2.5. There is even a 1st version (only it is not installed), but the problem is! Whatever firmware you put on the controller, your copter will not get in touch. I have two karmas and they react differently to mating. Somewhere the diode blinks, somewhere there is an error right away. I suppose you need to open the case, solder something and take the programmer. It's just not clear where the engineer who will say what to solder is. Alternatively, you should look for a working karma and do a dump. Perhaps this is the only option. final88
In general, the forum is strange. Zero advice from everyone and only empty communication. It's a pity that the community never formed.

Reactions: mefisto82
I specifically registered on this site to send you this same file. I have both software version 2.0 and 2.5. There is even a 1st version (only it is not installed), but the problem is! Whatever firmware you put on the controller, your copter will not get in touch. I have two karmas and they react differently to mating. Somewhere the diode blinks, somewhere there is an error right away. I suppose you need to open the case, solder something and take the programmer. It's just not clear where the engineer who will say what to solder is. Alternatively, you should look for a working karma and do a dump. Perhaps this is the only option. final88
In general, the forum is strange. Zero advice from everyone and only empty communication. It's a pity that the community never formed.
The final88 file will just turn your controller into a gaming console, it will not assist with flying. If you connect to the UART port (dm_368) and open putty you will be able to see the NAND boot fail.

The final88 file will just turn your controller into a gaming console, it will not assist with flying. If you connect to the UART port (dm_368) and open putty you will be able to see the NAND boot fail.
In any other case this would not be a problem. Is it impossible to unsolder the nand and upload the dump from a working drone?

In any other case this would not be a problem. Is it impossible to unsolder the nand and upload the dump from a working drone?
you can dump its contents without unsoldering it.

What should I use to reset and will it lead to success? What does it even look like, will it solve the problem of many copters?
It has already been done on several Karma drones, first step is to confirm that it is the NAND failing to boot by connecting to the UART port.

There is a copy of the final88.img here

It has already been done on several Karma drones, first step is to confirm that it is the NAND failing to boot by connecting to the UART port.

There is a copy of the final88.img here

Hello. I apologize for the long breaks between answers, but now I’ll be online often. In any case, I can only rely on you :) Tell me, I sent a photo below. Do you need to connect to the debug connector and if not, where?
P.S: The firmware was blocked by Google. Does it make sense for me to post all the firmware that I have accumulated during this time on a file hosting service?

Attachments

• photo_2023-09-19_11-58-56.jpg
    photo_2023-09-19_11-58-56.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 15
  • photo_2023-09-19_11-58-50.jpg
    photo_2023-09-19_11-58-50.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 15
After some thought, I realized that my photo is correct, but I don’t understand the pinout of the connector at all, which wire should I make and how to reset... I can connect via putty via ssh, maybe there is a video instruction?

Just in case, I’m leaving links to all the dump-files that I’ve collected over the years. For reference, version 1 does not start for me, the rest loads without problems.
Program for working with firmware - WDfiles — файлообменник бесплатный - загрузить файл
Ver 1.11 - WDho — файлообменник бесплатный - скачать файл
Ver 2.00 – WDho — файлообменник бесплатный - скачать файл
Ver 2.50 - WDfiles — файлообменник бесплатный - загрузить файл

After some thought, I realized that my photo is correct, but I don’t understand the pinout of the connector at all, which wire should I make and how to reset... I can connect via putty via ssh, maybe there is a video instruction?
You need the small 3 pin connector next to label "DM_368". Gimbal side upfront facing, then upper pin = Ground (GND) signal for serial port to the laptop. Middle pin is TxD (Transfer Data) from drone to laptop. Bottom pin = RxD (Receive data) from laptop to drone. Speed Baudrate in Putty set it to 115200 baud.

You need a so called RS232 USB to TTL adapter. They are made by different brands. All you need is a driver installed, and, when the interface cable connected, look in Device Manager in Windows, at COM port section, which COM-port is used. Use this COM port number in PUTTY settings to connect with the Karma Drone.

I still could not find a good fitting connector to put in the connector on the Karma mainboard. So what I did was looking in my electronic parts, and found a small connector 3 pin from which I cut the plastic off. So I have 3 wires with small metal connectors at the end. I can push each metal connector on each pin on the serial port connector at mainboard side. Then I use small piece of paper, fold it double, and put between each two wire connectors, so they can't make contact with eachother. It is not the nicest solution, but hey it works !

Here are the two videos ,

The first is how to upgrade your controller manually with new firmware.

It has links to all the files that you need to carry out this process.
If you are not able to pair your drone and you just have a white led on the drones power button along with the gimble not moving them you have what is called the pairing issue. The below video shows how to fix the pairing issue.

The videos has in the description a link to our Facebook page (GoPro Karma Fixes) and an invite to our discord server when you can discuss any issues you have with the process or just get some general advice. There is also information on how you can build a board to boot off so that you dont need to solder an SD card slot onto the arm board.

Just in case, I’m leaving links to all the dump-files that I’ve collected over the years. For reference, version 1 does not start for me, the rest loads without problems.
Program for working with firmware - WDfiles — файлообменник бесплатный - загрузить файл
Ver 1.11 - WDho — файлообменник бесплатный - скачать файл
Ver 2.00 – WDho — файлообменник бесплатный - скачать файл
Ver 2.50 - WDfiles — файлообменник бесплатный - загрузить файл
This one also has some close up vision of what is going on

So I finally found firmware 2.50.01
Updated controller but still won’t pair

Any fix for this after updating firmware to v2.50.01?
Can you tell us where you found the 2.50.01 firmware because its not supported on the gopro site? Please

Can you tell us where you found the 2.50.01 firmware because its not supported on the gopro site? Please
If you login to your account on the GoPro site you can download their firmware for the devices that you have registered but its not always something that you can then manually apply to the device.
The easiest thing to do is to do the process in this video and then you can update all the other components.

If you login to your account on the GoPro site you can download their firmware for the devices that you have registered but its not always something that you can then manually apply to the device.
The easiest thing to do is to do the process in this video and then you can update all the other components.

Thank you for getting back to me. Here is my problem. The Controller is up to date with the 2.50.1 firmware. The Drone is also up to date. However the Grip is running 2.0. My problem is that the grip and the drone both recognize the stabilizer but either one recognizes the camera. On top of that, in devices" on the controller it has the camera as a Hero 5 but I have the Hero 6 Black. Would a Hero 5 work? The controller pairs with the drone instantly and the stabilizer turns on but the camera does not power up. I am confused. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Thank you for getting back to me. Here is my problem. The Controller is up to date with the 2.50.1 firmware. The Drone is also up to date. However the Grip is running 2.0. My problem is that the grip and the drone both recognize the stabilizer but either one recognizes the camera. On top of that, in devices" on the controller it has the camera as a Hero 5 but I have the Hero 6 Black. Would a Hero 5 work? The controller pairs with the drone instantly and the stabilizer turns on but the camera does not power up. I am confused. Thank you for any help you can give me.
The firmware on the gimble is correct at version 2.0. You should check the version of your camera and update it if required via an SD card.

We do see the camera playing up a bit. Normally its just a matter of cleaning the connections by spraying some circuit board cleaner into the connections, shaking it out and leaving it overnight before connecting it back together. I normally remove the SD card and battery from the camera first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playboy