Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GoPro Care

SurfDog

Reaction score
Website
www.pahouselink.com
(note to self... Do not (try to) fly Karma when there are 20 mph wind gust!)

So, tried to outsmart mother nature, and fly on a windy day. Wind gust ended up throwing the Karma into a tree, lost all four props, right rear arm and scratched up the gopro lens cover - was in photo more so I do not have video.

Took a day and a half to get to a "right" person at GoPro but they setup a service ticket and are replacing all the parts.

Fingers crossed they don't decide to rescind the offer :)!

I fly over water on the Gulf of Mexico coast a lot and 20 mph winds and higher gusts pretty typical. I think Karma does very well. I have video that looks like a still picture until you see the palm trees being blown hard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a similar problem but also damaged the gimbal socket so I had to pay $150 for a new core, but mu only concern was that it took 3 weeks to resolve the replacement with many calls and emails with Karma crew. This is not the normal GoPro Care experience for me. Flying now, but will not fly in winds above 12 mph anymore.

I had a similar problem but also damaged the gimbal socket so I had to pay $150 for a new core, but mu only concern was that it took 3 weeks to resolve the replacement with many calls and emails with Karma crew. This is not the normal GoPro Care experience for me. Flying now, but will not fly in winds above 12 mph anymore.

You had to pay $150 even though you had warranty coverage?

i would like to ask, if someone was able to buy gopro Care with a unit which was bought by a retailer?

Shit they make a diffrence between Europe and US. I dont understand why I shouldt be able to buy a Servicepack. Apple also sells Apple Care in Europe.

Hmm... I don't have GoPro care, probably a bad idea.

I lost three props on my first flight. :(

So don't feel too bad about yourself.

Reactions: Shred
HAHA, lost 3 props on my maiden flight too - and the reason I sprung for the GoPro Cares.

Did get my monies worth on a nasty (wind-blown) crash.

Although, wondering what will happen now with GP's exit from drones??

FWIW I crashed my drone and cracked the touchscreen. I have GoProcCare and they are doing a onetime replacement for the Hero 5 camera. Thought that was fantastic by them as it was complete pilot error on the crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For us American types, State Farm will insure your drone for $60 a year with no deductible for most policies. The only state that I believe that does not insure drones is California. Before I ditched my Karma, I too looked into GoPro Care but found State Farm to be a much cheaper option.

Reactions: Billybob
For us American types, State Farm will insure your drone for $60 a year with no deductible for most policies. The only state that I believe that does not insure drones is California. Before I ditched my Karma, I too looked into GoPro Care but found State Farm to be a much cheaper option.

Good to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playboy