Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Gopro 7

Do we know if we can do timewarp in the Karma gimbal?

Just got my Hero 7 black today so not tried any of the new features.

In the Karma drone the controller does not seem to offer any extra or different video options.

Also the Karma Grip has to be updated via Quik just plugging the grip in with no gimbal to your computer.

It updates to 1.80

Only tried a test video and still photos but hope to see if it can do anymore than Hero 6 soon.

I suspect not.

When the weather permits, hero 7 will be taking to the air.

Update:
When hero 7 is in the Gimbal is says stabilization n/a. I guess having 2 x stabilization systems could cause problems.

Timewarp is available in the grip but tricky to setup / change settings as to quit the menus you have to touch the screen top-left which is very tricky as the gimbal body gets in the way.

Last edited:
Funny! I just received my GoPro 7 book by Jordan Hetrick today and we are looking forward to going through it. There is a wealth of information in it. This way I will get maximum use out of the camera.

Reactions: IM35461
Oh and the new Hero 7 White wont work with the Karma, it has the card slot on the connection side.

Indeed, only the black Hero 7 works with the Karma grip and drone.

Has anyone had issues with Hero 7 Black connecting to Karma after the most recent update? My Hero7 Black has firmware 1.7 but karma still says its not up to date and will not connect.

Has anyone had issues with Hero 7 Black connecting to Karma after the most recent update? My Hero7 Black has firmware 1.7 but karma still says its not up to date and will not connect.

Just tried my one.
The RC said it wanted to download an update which I did but then said everything was up to date and it seems happy with the Hero 7 on 1.7

Crazy. I already have 1.7 but still get these 2 pics... guess I’ll have to fight with GoPro support

Attachments

• 6F31CEFD-D7C7-42AB-8616-C0549CBAB557.jpeg
    6F31CEFD-D7C7-42AB-8616-C0549CBAB557.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 7FB20F31-F184-4FAC-8021-B873C0EFBE0C.jpeg
    7FB20F31-F184-4FAC-8021-B873C0EFBE0C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Weather better today so finally got to give Karma a spin with Hero 7 Black.

2 x flights at max altitude (396'). One in 4K Wide and the other in 2.7K Linear.

Video files merged with Dashware (lossless merge) and then uploaded to YouTube

4K Wide

2.7K Linear

I don't think using the Hero 7 Black offers any advantages over the 5 or 6 when used with the Karma drone.

I got a 7 and have never put it in the Karma. Took the 7 and the Karma grip on trip to Canadian Rockies and am convinced that I can now use the 7 without grip for great video and pics when traveling. That is why I got it. Am impressed with performance. Leaving 5 in the Karma, have old 3 that links to VTX and battery on my QAV-540G and newer cameras will not do that so sold my 4. I doubt the grip will see much if any use now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got a 7 and have never put it in the Karma. Took the 7 and the Karma grip on trip to Canadian Rockies and am convinced that I can now use the 7 without grip for great video and pics when traveling. That is why I got it. Am impressed with performance. Leaving 5 in the Karma, have old 3 that links to VTX and battery on my QAV-540G and newer cameras will not do that so sold my 4. I doubt the grip will see much if any use now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been thinking about upgrading to the 7. One thing I worry about, is the lack of automatic horizon stabilization that I would get with the Grip. I have taken many videos where the 7 just isn't going to keep the horizon stable without the Grip. For example...you just can't do "jib shots" without the Grip. I suppose I could always put the 7 in the Grip if needed...but then...why upgrade? I also don't see any advantage in using the 7 in the Karma. Many of the upgrades are disabled when using the Grip or the Karma.

I can see definitely see the benefit of reduced weight in my camera bag... and mounting stabilized video on my bike or helmet would probably be easier than mounting the grip...even with the extension cord. I can also see the advantage of the stabilized FPV footage that can be achieved with the 7, and not achieved using the Grip.

I still haven't made up my mind about upgrading to the 7, but I am thinking about going with the Insta 360 One X instead. It solves some of my concerns about the 7, and also allows for over-capture and 360 VR video and photo content...but at the cost of some of the sharpness and resolution.

I have a question, too:
I bought a HERO 7 last week and I am struggeling to use it in the Karma drone or not. I can't test it out myself during the next days so I am asking you.
Are there any useable benefits of HERO 7's great new features while being attached to the drone or are they all disabled?

I played around with my new HERO 7 and hypersmooth and TimeWarp are amazing! But without these new features it's just a HERO 6. Can't see any difference in video quality.
If there are no benefits of the new HERO 7 it makes no sense for me to put it into the Karma and I will stay with my HERO 6 for flying and I will use my 7 at he ground.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Personally I am going to keep my Hero5 in the harness and just use it for the quad and the grip.
I will just use the Hero7 for terrestrial work etc...

I have a question, too:
I bought a HERO 7 last week and I am struggeling to use it in the Karma drone or not. I can't test it out myself during the next days so I am asking you.
Are there any useable benefits of HERO 7's great new features while being attached to the drone or are they all disabled?

I played around with my new HERO 7 and hypersmooth and TimeWarp are amazing! But without these new features it's just a HERO 6. Can't see any difference in video quality.
If there are no benefits of the new HERO 7 it makes no sense for me to put it into the Karma and I will stay with my HERO 6 for flying and I will use my 7 at he ground.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I don't see any advantage using the HB7 vs. the HB6 in the Karma. The whole idea of the HB7 is that you don't need the Karma Grip. Most of the major features are disabled when attached to the drone or Grip.

Reactions: Phobos and IM35461
Not so sure about HB6 but I used to fly with HB5. Since I got my HB7 in October last year I can see a massive difference (better quality, better colour, etc.). I am not an advanced pilot and only had a few flights (mostly in Guatemala and some in Majorca) but I am happy with HB7 onboard (instead of HB5).

Reactions: Shon and Ironspear
Here is a different clip with a GoPro 7. Black mounted on a chest harness while riding on a Yamaha Scooter:

As Ironspear mentioned I keep my GoPro 5 Black for the Drone and the quality that I get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS