Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Gopro 7

Motown57

Reaction score
Is the karma drone compatible with the new go pro 7?

Yes with updates

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I updated on the weekend.
Flew the bird yesterday without any problem.
Gotta look at this new 7, still umming and ahhing about getting one. What I am really after is another Karma bundle to use as spares.

Does the update allow you to take advantage of the new features of the Hero7 via the Karma controller interface?

Does the update allow you to take advantage of the new features of the Hero7 via the Karma controller interface?

OOOH! not sure on that one mate, but my guess would be yes.

I did the trade-up on an old Hero 3 since I already have a 5 and a 6, so my 7 hasn't arrived yet. I've done all the updates to everything but obviously I can't tell anything until I actually have my 7 in my Karma.

Ironically, I'm betting no and betting against you. And hoping I lose the bet.

What's really amazing is that nobody here or on Youtube has yet to answer these, what would seem obvious to me; important questions yet. I expect the damn camera to work. What I want to know is whether the new features work. Truth be known, there's probably enough 6 compatibility that the camera worked without updating anything other than throwing a flag in the code to "let" it. I just hope that's not all they did. Jeez. :(

My understanding is “yes, where applicable” meaning that some features aren’t applicable to the drone. Don’t know which work and which don’t.

Sounds like a good YouTube video for someone to make.

My understanding is “yes, where applicable” meaning that some features aren’t applicable to the drone. Don’t know which work and which don’t.

Sounds like a good YouTube video for someone to make.

And yet apparently even with 100's of them out there even before release, not a single person has tested and posted these answers. Even now 4 days after general availability. Unbelievable really.

Reactions: Ironspear and Shon
I found this video on YT.

Reactions: Singularitee
Ironspear, What about a clip from you, say up the Murray River Mate!

Reading GoPro support forums today. time warp or any other type of function that might requires in-camera stabilization does not work when connected to the Grip or the drone. Perhaps it will be addresses with a future firmware update?

Reactions: Ironspear
The again.. I just found this video
that the creator (not me) claims is the GPH7 using TimeWarp in his Karma drone!

The again.. I just found this video
that the creator (not me) claims is the GPH7 using TimeWarp in his Karma drone!

Looks like a post production effect to me, but who am I to judge? It could be legit, but my understanding is that timewarp isn’t an option you can even select when using the Karma Grip. I guess someone here will just have to buy the camera and let us know. :)

Looks like I was wrong. The creator announced he "faked" the video with software :( My apologies

Reactions: Ironspear
"Oh dear, how sad, never mind."

Looked good though but lmao

Looks like a post production effect to me, but who am I to judge? It could be legit, but my understanding is that timewarp isn’t an option you can even select when using the Karma Grip. I guess someone here will just have to buy the camera and let us know. :)

I do believe that "@Mr James Hatch" has recently bought one.
What say you James?
Have you had a chance to "get the 7 in the air" yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS