Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Go Pro sticking with cameras. Giving up drone business.

This is crazy !
How do you leave your customer out there like this ?
This is going to be Very interesting how we get software for the Karma. Way TO GO GOPRO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is crazy !
This is going to be Very interesting how we get software for the Karma. Way TO GO GOPRO

we will maybe get software from homebrew folks...look what happened to the sony psvita?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'm extremely disappointed by this. I love my karma . I've had no problems with it at all . But what happens now ? They are going to sell all that is remaining in inventory than that's it . Who would buy them knowing that there no longer being made . Where will we get parts ? What about the software updates . This pisses me off. It wasn't a cheap purchase I looked at them all and thought for my active family this was the best choice. Guess I was wrong ! Now what ??!!

From all that I have read about dropping the production of the Karma drone itself, they are still continuing production of the cameras. Though it would be foolish to throw away production of the Karma Grip and stabilizer, which to my thinking are the best on the market, with so many ways of use.

Reactions: Billybob
I can see their reasoning due to US and Euro government regulations. If one pays attention to the way you use your Karma and its GPS system, but if you push the drone limits, then on your head be it. The quality of the product is there, so don't push it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billybob
This is crazy !

Let's get some hackers working on them and turn them into a SUPER DRONE!

Look the Karma Drone is a very stable unit if handled properly and you don't push the unit to its limits. Plan your flight time to no more than 10 minutes, and if required plan your shooting time in phases. Remember this unit was not designed as a racing unit. Also with the Karma Grip, this unit makes for a very good mobile unit mounted on a car, with a smooth and stable effect. I have the HERO 3, 4, 5 and 6. Black cameras, and all working very well with a high quality product output.

Just FYI, I would almost prefer no software updates. My partner is unable to fly within 5 miles if an airport even though we have permission and he is FAA certified because of the latest DJI update-so much for updates [emoji30][emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry to hear that Billy Bob. As I mentioned before one can always utilize the Karma Grip to mounted mobile use on a car. This way one can spend more time working on making worthwhile videos, as the old saying goes: "The Proof of the Pudding, is in The Eating!"

That was on his DJI drone- not Karma:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Look the Karma Drone is a very stable unit if handled properly and you don't push the unit to its limits. Plan your flight time to no more than 10 minutes, and if required plan your shooting time in phases. Remember this unit was not designed as a racing unit. Also with the Karma Grip, this unit makes for a very good mobile unit mounted on a car, with a smooth and stable effect. I have the HERO 3, 4, 5 and 6. Black cameras, and all working very well with a high quality product output.

Completely agree and have everything listed except a Hero6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know about mounting the Karma Grip to a vehicle...

I'm extremely disappointed by this. I love my karma . I've had no problems with it at all . But what happens now ? They are going to sell all that is remaining in inventory than that's it . Who would buy them knowing that there no longer being made . Where will we get parts ? What about the software updates . This pisses me off. It wasn't a cheap purchase I looked at them all and thought for my active family this was the best choice. Guess I was wrong ! Now what ??!!

It was the same thing with The 3DR Solo when they went down... The positive side for me this time is that the parent company, GoPro, is still in business.

As I have mentioned several times, if you treat your Karma Drone with respect and don't push it too and beyond its limits, you will have it for a long time with good video product.

As I have mentioned several times, if you treat your Karma Drone with respect and don't push it too and beyond its limits, you will have it for a long time with good video product.

"Respect" is a poor substitute for functioning hardware. Not will "respect" recover your drone once it loses gps and signal in the wind. I think the problem most people have with the Karma I'd that they changed basically the same price as the Mavic but didn't deliver the same level of product. It is lacking GLONASS, radio control or at least 5.8 WiFi, positioning sensors, obstical avoidance, system redundancy, portability, etc. Your idea of "respect" is to fly it to maybe 25% of what was promised. Keep it within 1000' from you, fly for 10 min only, keep it below a few hundred feet in height, etc but they promised 10,000' away, 10,000 high, 20 minute flight time, etc. You can do better with a Mavic Air, Yuneec Q500, Autel XStar, etc and you're close with a Spark. I don't know about everyone else but I feel somewhat screwed over. Then to add insult, it's proposed that it's our fault for expecting it to perform as advertised and we should lower our expectations to a more "respectable" level. Oh okay.

"Respect" is a poor substitute for functioning hardware. Not will "respect" recover your drone once it loses gps and signal in the wind. I think the problem most people have with the Karma I'd that they changed basically the same price as the Mavic but didn't deliver the same level of product. It is lacking GLONASS, radio control or at least 5.8 WiFi, positioning sensors, obstical avoidance, system redundancy, portability, etc. Your idea of "respect" is to fly it to maybe 25% of what was promised. Keep it within 1000' from you, fly for 10 min only, keep it below a few hundred feet in height, etc but they promised 10,000' away, 10,000 high, 20 minute flight time, etc. You can do better with a Mavic Air, Yuneec Q500, Autel XStar, etc and you're close with a Spark. I don't know about everyone else but I feel somewhat screwed over. Then to add insult, it's proposed that it's our fault for expecting it to perform as advertised and we should lower our expectations to a more "respectable" level. Oh okay.

Agree, that is called “false advertising” - I did had a fly away last September and they replaced the Drone with no questions asked.

I do agree in some points with JCL and James, but that the Karma project is far from what was advertised that’s a fact.

You know a logical response would carry a lot of weight but “ promised 10,000’ away and 10,000 high” (I assume feet?) is not true along with some of the other statements you make. I get good runs of 18 min or so all the time. Have been out past a half mile to 3000 ft or so (can just see it) and only to 400-ft altitude with it both of which are legal limits here in US. Technically this is a decent limit for an excellent photo/video platform. I have lost GPS and have managed to bring unit back both times no issues and both times GPS kicked in again before I got it all the way back. I really like the transport pack and it it plenty portable for me. To each his own but I assume most everyone here has a Karma so bashing them so hard here doesn’t do too much good. Take your DJI or whatever to the right place and have fun, or at least try to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: bike5rider

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS