Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Go Pro sticking with cameras. Giving up drone business.

You know a logical response would carry a lot of weight but “ promised 10,000’ away and 10,000 high” (I assume feet?) is not true along with some of the other statements you make. I get good runs of 18 min or so all the time. Have been out past a half mile to 3000 ft or so (can just see it) and only to 400-ft altitude with it both of which are legal limits here in US. Technically this is a decent limit for an excellent photo/video platform. I have lost GPS and have managed to bring unit back both times no issues and both times GPS kicked in again before I got it all the way back. I really like the transport pack and it it plenty portable for me. To each his own but I assume most everyone here has a Karma so bashing them so hard here doesn’t do too much good. Take your DJI or whatever to the right place and have fun, or at least try to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea I'm such a liar...

Direct from GoPro...

https://shop.gopro.com/karmatechspecs

How unreasonable of me to expect that it didn't lose GPS in the first place. Other drones very rarely lose GPS much cheaper drones at that. If you had read the entire thread instead of popping off, you'd know that it was proposed by another member that we only fly for 10min to avoid problems. Jump on his comment if you want but I quoted the specs from Go Pro, unless you know better, you go take your Karma to the right place and twist it.

I am more than willing to admit a mistake but I never saw these maximum limits and knowing no license required that therefore the Karma has to be using 2.4/wifi frequencies there is no way it is reliable past 1/2 mile or so depending on area. Yes rank beginners don’t know that so info is bad. At same time telling people on Karma site how bad Karma is in your opinion and pushing other products really does no good. Telling me what you did above really shows where you coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am more than willing to admit a mistake but I never saw these maximum limits and knowing no license required that therefore the Karma has to be using 2.4/wifi frequencies there is no way it is reliable past 1/2 mile or so depending on area. Yes rank beginners don’t know that so info is bad. At same time telling people on Karma site how bad Karma is in your opinion and pushing other products really does no good. Telling me what you did above really shows where you coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Take your DJI or whatever to the right place and have fun, or at least try to. "

There's nothing that amuses me more than guys that start something and when you reply, they whine like little girls. I'm not "pushing other products", I,in fact, mentioned several other brands. I couldn't care less what drone you buy or if you have one at all. I stated solid facts, if you don't like the facts, too bad. Go Pro promised X, Y and Z and didn't deliver. Now they are packing their bags and leaving us out to dry.

You think the problem is me saying something about the situation? I think it's a good thing to advise others in our position of what is out there and to share my experiences with other brands.

I tried my best to avoid DJI because of all the bad things people said about them as a company. When I was ready to replace my 3DR Solo, I bought several different drones from different companies, including the Karma. Whether you or I or anyone else likes it, the Mavic Pro cleans all of their clocks in this price range. Not saying it won't make it not true.

20170726_003954.jpg

It worth responding too, congrats, drove me off, and your picture really says a lot. You quoted me and I said nothing but take the bitching some place else and enjoy whatever you fly. No more from me. See how many more here you can discourage after the fact. You obviously know it all.

It worth responding too, congrats, drove me off, and your picture really says a lot. You quoted me and I said nothing but take the bitching some place else and enjoy whatever you fly. No more from me. See how many more here you can discourage after the fact. You obviously know it all.

How in the heck did the forum let you swear?!? The babysitter in this thing is usually perfect.

I tried to warn people in the first place. I got my first Karma as soon as it came out, oh yes I was stupid enough to buy a second one, three if you count the recall. I have been here before with the 3DR Solo. Like I said 2.4 WiFi and single type GPS was asking for problems. No other manufacturer uses those specs in this price range. Not Yuneec, not Parrot, not Husban, not Syma, not Autel, and not DJI. Then throw in the complete lack of any positioning or obstical sensors... Btw I even said that I prefer the Hero 5 to the Mavic video wise. You can do whatever you want but I'd enjoy the decent gimbal and camera and give up on the drone before you lose a $400 camera.

Well, I think the Hero 5/6 Black are the best cameras in the price range, and I've seen comparison tests done between the Karma grip and other manufacturers' models. The Karma drone is simply a camera mount for me, and a relatively decent one at that. If I'm filming something, I don't need to be far away...I'm busy framing anyway...stability is the key. Everything else is mostly just measurbating.

I am not really into drone news everyday, because of the famous GoPro brand, so the Karma thing kicks in a lot of news headline for tech gadget enthusiast like me, i still remember the Karma problem and the management team said, the battery holder problem can easily be fix with simple tape or adhesive tape.. then within a few month or later.. Bam! news about discontinue product.. I do not know what to say, i am not expert, but my personal opinion, Karma has a future to compete with other rival drone if it is done properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raith11458