Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Go Pro Karma said returning

Mrtystn

Reaction score
Hello, I'm just a week into using my GoPro Karma. Today I was flying it and it said it needed to return. But instead of returning to me it landed several yards away, clipping a tree breaking the propellers and taking about a 12 foot drop. Now it says it can't connected and the camera piece seems bend. What would you do? Service? Fix it yourself? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20170601_180109.jpg
    20170601_180109.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
I'd upload the flight logs to GoPro and see if they tell you why it won't connect. If you go and buy parts, you might get new stuff but not fix the problem.

It's normal for there to be movement on the mount where you plug in the stabilizer. It's connected to a couple of springs inside the Karma body. It's a bit hard to tell from the photo what has bent.

I'm only guessing, but it sounds like it became so low on battery that it started landing in place. See https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/What-do-the-Karma-Low-Battery-Warnings-Mean.

I'd upload the flight logs to GoPro and see if they tell you why it won't connect. If you go and buy parts, you might get new stuff but not fix the problem.

It's normal for there to be movement on the mount where you plug in the stabilizer. It's connected to a couple of springs inside the Karma body. It's a bit hard to tell from the photo what has bent.

I'm only guessing, but it sounds like it became so low on battery that it started landing in place. See https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/What-do-the-Karma-Low-Battery-Warnings-Mean.
Thanks just got new propellers. Going to reset everything, power it up and see if it flys. Although it took a 12 foot drop, it was soften buy the tree limbs. Not a scratch, just broken propellers and the gimble connection pointing up where it was straight before. Will report back thanks again!

They (GoPro) will respond saying it's an environmental issue with location of your flight and flight logs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue...had 5 minutes left on battery and it decided to go into auto land / return mode...clipped a tree and fell 20 feet onto concrete. Luckily i had GoPro care and they replaced the broken arms and propellors..They were easy enough to replace..Taking it out for first test flight today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS