Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Force needed to remove GoPro from Karma mount

mjbok

Reaction score
I don't know if this is by design, but (to me) it seems like a lot of force is necessary to be insert and remove the Karma from the mount. Am I alone in this?

Same on mine, due no doubt to the two female connectors on the side of the camera mating with their male counter parts on the frame.

Yes it is hard to remove and insert. It doesnt seem to get easier with use either.
Keep practicing with removing it and it gets easier to hold and remove.
Its almost as if they (GoPro) dont want you to remove it lol.

I’ve never had that issue. Sometimes, I can’t get it to “lock securely” into the drone or Grip. I readjust the stabilizer, reseat it, open and shut the locking mechanism while gently rocking the stabilizer back and forth, until it slides in and locks without force.

Note that the Grip Mount ring ( used to mount the Grip to something like a selfy stick) definitely has a “top” and “bottom” and the camera will be hard to lock into place if you put it on upside down.

Same here. Needs force to insert or remove gopro. Problems is not the connectors bud the tight fit into the harness.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

Reactions: Ironspear
It fits pretty tightly into the harness, but I don't have to put much force behind it. I always wonder if the harness door will close, but it does...no room for error that is for sure.

I always double check it too...I would hate for that thing to swing open during flight!

It fits pretty tightly into the harness, but I don't have to put much force behind it. I always wonder if the harness door will close, but it does...no room for error that is for sure.

I always double check it too...I would hate for that thing to swing open during flight!

I agree with you Shon.
I find it fiddly to get the right grip on the camera (where to pull from).
I have a system now and it works fine until I forget about it lol!
Then I remember!
I understand that it need to be a snug fit.
Practice makes perfect!

Reactions: Shon
When i was using the Hero 4 in the drone (with supporting frame) it was a simple slide in and out but since the release of the 5 and up with the rubberized coating i have to put some pressure to get my Hero 6 or 7 in and out

When i was using the Hero 4 in the drone (with supporting frame) it was a simple slide in and out but since the release of the 5 and up with the rubberized coating i have to put some pressure to get my Hero 6 or 7 in and out
Sounds like you aren't the only one with this issue... I'm using the Hero 5. Maybe the 6 and 7 are even harder?

You know, I reckon it is because of the rubberised coating.
As long as you line the connections up correctly all will be fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS