Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Fool me twice, Shame on Me

Okievision

Reaction score
Hello Karma pilots,
Oklahoma native, 58 yrs young.
I joined because I'm an enthusiast who's recently discovered the GoPro camera and now the drone. I purchased the drone back in the summer of this year and just recently flew it for the 2nd time and watched it fly away at over 50mph according to my controller and I had zero control to stop it. After 3 days of searching, I'm convinced the last known location on the controller map was not accurate, never recovered the drone and camera. GoPro support sent me the scripted reply that it wasn't the drones fault so I gave up the brand until the other day when the big electronics store offered a whale of a deal on the Karma/Hero 6/Extra battery and props for less than I paid originally for just the drone. So I now have the drone and camera back with all the accessories I had previously purchased. At least I don't have to sell all the leftovers online. Now if I can just gather up the courage to try flying again.
I'll be pouring through the info here and learn.

Good luck mate and fly safe.
There is some great info on here about how to avoid flyaways.

all the best for the holidays!

Reactions: johan
Make sure to stay away from buildings, sail boats and power lines and you should be fine. Watch some you tube videos and make sure to calibrate your GPS each time no matter what.

I also installed a range extender which I think helps a lot.

Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello Karma pilots,
I joined because I'm an enthusiast who's recently discovered the GoPro camera and now the drone. I purchased the drone back in the summer of this year and just recently flew it for the 2nd time and watched it fly away at over 50mph according to my controller and I had zero control to stop it. After 3 days of searching, I'm convinced the last known location on the controller map was not accurate, never recovered the drone and camera. GoPro support sent me the scripted reply that it wasn't the drones fault so I gave up the brand until the other day when the big electronics store offered a whale of a deal on the Karma/Hero 6/Extra battery and props for less than I paid originally for just the drone. So I now have the drone and camera back with all the accessories I had previously purchased. At least I don't have to sell all the leftovers online. Now if I can just gather up the courage to try flying again.

Purchase the GoPro Care - it's worth the investment and (from what they told me) would have covered your last one.

Hello Karma pilots,

What was the deal?

The scripted reply was that the drone did not have full GPS signal when I started to fly it and therefore didn't know it's position relative to the controller or space. Whatever, it obviously suffered interference of some sort and did whatever it wanted to, which was fly due north at 54 mph until it vanished.

The scripted reply was that the drone did not have full GPS signal when I started to fly it and therefore didn't know it's position relative to the controller or space. Whatever, it obviously suffered interference of some sort and did whatever it wanted to, which was fly due north at 54 mph until it vanished.

I meant the deal where you picked up your new drone. I got mine for around 650 with an extra battery/props. Basically I bought the camera and the grip and got the drone for free.

Thanks Shon, I plan to take all the time necessary now to do all the preflight checks.

mjbok, my deal was a Bestbuy deal of the day thing...Karma w/ Hero 6, spare battery and set of props. $699. They still show it for that but without the extra battery and props.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS