Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Fly with WiFi turned off?

Jopahar

Reaction score
I turned the WiFi off on my controller. I then made 2 sucsessful flights. Is this ok to do?

Reactions: Ninabeertje
I turned the WiFi off on my controller. I then made 2 sucsessful flights. Is this ok to do?
You mean flying without gps.. Flying without wifi is impossible

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

No,I don’t know of a way to turn off the GPS. I turned off the WiFi on my controller. But I think this is only the WiFi you use to connect the controller to the internet. I don’t think it is the WiFi used to fly the unit. I was just trying to make sure it was ok to do this. Evidently it is ok because I have made several flights with it turned off.

It is indeed the wifi to connect to the internet. It is safe to switch it off

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

The video and controller links are both “WiFi”. You were just turning off link used for updates etc. That doesn’t work out in the boonies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is a good idea. I always have mine turned off... It's only on when I am downloading updates for the Karma. I can't remember where I read it...But someone indicated that having it on was a possible source of wi-fi interference, which could reduce the distance or range you can fly your Karma.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS