Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Fly with no GPS

Anyone with any Karma experience. Few people on this forum can do it though and that is not issue here. Somebody said fly without camera or camera stabilizer. That cannot be done, totally impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone with any Karma experience. Few people on this forum can do it though and that is not issue here. Somebody said fly without camera or camera stabilizer. That cannot be done, totally impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I think William said it.

I was in Turks and Caicos on 9-26. I calibrated my Karma before launching. Within one minute of launching, I received a message that said “no GPS”. Karma flew out to sea. Last reported position was 900’ from shore in ocean. I was not able to regain control. Karma landed in ocean. Total loss. Has anyone experienced total loss of control? Karma took off at maximum speed away from me.

I have flown in Australia, Hawaii numerous times and in continental US without issue.

at its best the karma is not a very good flyer and take away the GPS and its out of control...

I had heard of other Karma pilots having control issues. Wondering if it’s a software glitch with programming. My control, drone, etc were current on provided updates.

Not a software glitch. Have you ever flown any quad without GPS? If you try this first time suddenly with Karma I would bet a lot of money you will loose it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prior to flight, Karma pilots must select flight mode. No GPS or GPS. Once you launch, you can not change modes. I calibrated my drone after selecting to use GPS. Auto takeoff was normal: I hovered 20’ in the air prior to starting a filming run alone the shore line. Within one minute of launch drone climbed and sped out to sea at full speed. Controller reported out “no GPS.” Drone did not return to launch location. Drone did not respond to commands. Drone reported that it was doing an emergency landing. Was lost at sea. Total loss. HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED LOSS OF CONTROL?

I flew in a combination of poor and no GPS in the woods this past weekend. Was definitely a more challenging situation. Winds were very light (1-3mph) so the Karma was gently pushed around at times. Under these conditions I was able to avoid hitting anything, but made smooth footage difficult. Clips available here (the overhead shots were with GPS, the trails were mostly without it):

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playboy