Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Flight controls

Tyn Lizzard

Reaction score
Hello folks.
I just purchased and brought home a karma.

I hate the flight controls!!! Is there any way to reconfigure what the joysticks control?

Hello folks.
I just purchased and brought home a karma.

I hate the flight controls!!! Is there any way to reconfigure what the joysticks control?

You could try the settings on the remote... the flight controls are pretty standard... I do know that they are opposite what I am used to on video games...Like video game controllers, I've just had to practice and get use to it.

I believe there are only 2 modes of control. The way the come is mode 1 and standard for all or most drones.
The other is mode 2 and what that does is reverse the two joysticks.

I believe there are only 2 modes of control. The way the come is mode 1 and standard for all or most drones.
The other is mode 2 and what that does is reverse the two joysticks.

I believe mode 2 is actually the standard for all or most drones. You'd think it would be mode 1, but it is not.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/Basic-Flying-Controls-for-Karma
Basic Flying Controls for Karma
What are you trying to do?
Basic Flying controls for the Karma
Where does it apply?
JOYSTICK CONTROLS:
  • The left joystick controls the drone vertically (elevation and direction). 
  • The right joystick controls the drone's movement and position.
rtaImage

Left Joystick
rtaImage

Right Joystick
rtaImage

NOTE: The Karma Controller operates on MODE 2 format, meaning that the joysticks are set and cannot be customized to different flight inputs.

Is there a way to change it? It is currently mode 2.
I have setup and always flown all my other airplanes, helicopters and drones in mode 1 (throttle on the right). I was trying to land the karma on a small area and it started to drift so muscle memory kick in and used the right stick (mode 2 throttle) and drove it forward into a fence breaking all 4 props.

I have not been able to find any settings to change modes, does anyone know?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS