Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Fell out of sky

They just sent me an email about replacing the drone, but will they send the hero 6 with the replacement drone since that is the updated camera with the karma's that are still being sold?

Yeah they are no longer selling the Hero 5 kits. It's possible you're receiving a brand new kit altogether, which would be awesome.

Keep us updated, I know at least two of us are expecting replacements right now. If I could just resell a brand new unit that would be awesome.

Finally got the replacement and battery and propellers...heres a tip...keep on them and it’s like a lottery... you will finally get a person that can help you and get things done. Getting mad is not worth it. So I finally got a support guy that said let me talk to management and I will call you back in a hour and he did and I had my new replacement parts overnight... we’ll kinda two day air... so service went from a 10 to a 0 back up to about a 4... happy flying and don’t crash

Keep us updated, I know at least two of us are expecting replacements right now. If I could just resell a brand new unit that would be awesome.
It’s acually a great drone for traveling and and you get the detachable gimble setup which you don’t get with other drones. Maybe after market stuff you can get for DJI. my friends that have the regular DJI complain about hauling them around when they travel. But now there’s the Maverick Pro that sounds interesting. Also my Karma case will hold 4 batteries if you included one in the drone and don’t put the charger in the case which means over 1 hour of fly time which is a lot. Battery price for Karma is $99 and Dji $139. Let me know if you decide to sell and for how much.. money’s short right now but you never know in the next month or two... oh ya the controller for the Karma is awesome too

I still have not received my replacement, nor have any one of the several support people been able to tell me what is going one, except that “the warehouse has not responded”. Beyond frustrating at this point.

Finally got the replacement and battery and propellers...heres a tip...keep on them and it’s like a lottery... you will finally get a person that can help you and get things done. Getting mad is not worth it. So I finally got a support guy that said let me talk to management and I will call you back in a hour and he did and I had my new replacement parts overnight... we’ll kinda two day air... so service went from a 10 to a 0 back up to about a 4... happy flying and don’t crash

Glad to hear you received a replacement. Did they end up sending you a new one in retail packaging or a warranty replacement?

I see your other comment regarding selling the Karma, I would guess I’m at least a month away so if you’re serious I may have one to sell you at a reasonable discount that has the extended warranty. I dunno, I may get my replacement and fall in love again but I was looking at the Mavic Air and the thought of just having that tiny drone in my bag at any time is too good to pass up. I would definitely miss the Karma controller though, that thing is best of breed.

Reactions: flighttime90
Glad to hear you received a replacement. Did they end up sending you a new one in retail packaging or a warranty replacement?

I see your other comment regarding selling the Karma, I would guess I’m at least a month away so if you’re serious I may have one to sell you at a reasonable discount that has the extended warranty. I dunno, I may get my replacement and fall in love again but I was looking at the Mavic Air and the thought of just having that tiny drone in my bag at any time is too good to pass up. I would definitely miss the Karma controller though, that thing is best of breed.
I got a new replacement...

Still no replacement. Someone finally admitted that the warehouse is out of the Karma cores. They also had the audacity to tell me that my return that I sent (which was received by them on 3/22), was “approved”. Huh? That literally would have taken five seconds to figure out. Anyway, I have asked them twice if they would please just send me the replacement camera and the Karma gimbal in the meantime, but they never respond to that suggestion. I can’t tell you how many times they have said, “don’t worry”... :-(

My defective Core delivered on Tuesday and I’ve received no further correspondence or confirmation that it was received until I used the chat support. I was given the 5-7 business day turnaround haha

Meanwhile there are stacks of these things at Best Buy. I’d guess I’m a month away from a working unit, we’ll see.

My defective Core delivered on Tuesday and I’ve received no further correspondence or confirmation that it was received until I used the chat support. I was given the 5-7 business day turnaround haha.

Get in line...(grin) They have had my core since March 30. No notification of shipment on the replacement. I even have the $149 Karma Care insurance policy - made no difference.

Haha, I’m in no rush at this point, Spark arrives tomorrow :)

Finally arrived. In the meantime, I purchased a Mavic Air, with which I am having fun. The only reason I may keep the Karma is because of the hand-held gimbal, and the Hero 6 - which is a great camera. I may sell the new core and three batteries. I am loathe to even test it....

The Mavic Air looks like a great drone, I may add one to my inventory once I master the Spark.

Reactions: Billybob
They received my drone last Wednesday, I don't know when I will receive the replacement. I've been trying to acquire the flight logs but I am not getting any response. Does anyone know if I will even be able to get the flight logs?

You won’t get the flight logs, they’ll only give you a yes or no as to whether it was pilot error or a manufacture defect.

FWIW, they’re on about a two week lead time for replacements. Mine delivered to them on 4/10 and I was just notified today that a replacement order is being processed.

You won’t get the flight logs, they’ll only give you a yes or no as to whether it was pilot error or a manufacturing defect.

FWIW, they’re on about a two week lead time for replacements. Mine delivered to them on 4/10 and I was just notified today that a replacement order is being processed.
I wonder if it's because there are a lot of people having issues with their drones or if it's from the lack of people to handle the processing and turn-a-round?

Hard to say, I imagine it’s either because they have some proprietary tool that interprets the logs for them and without it they are encrypted or it gives you more information than GoPro is willing to share.

My understanding is this was the process even before they announced their exit from the drone market.

Well, just sent my relatively new Karma up for a simple sunset video, got a “battery error landing in place” warning and it dropped like a rock right out of the sky onto my backyard flagstone and everything, including the camera, is destroyed. Obviously will be calling GoPro in morning. I purchased in January, and GoPro better come through. Any suggestions, based on a similar experience?
My son had a very similar thing happen to him this weekend. He got his for Christmas and has only used a handful of times. I've been in touch with GoPro and jumped through all the hoops with the info they needed. We did not have the GoPro extended warranty, so I am anxious to see what they do. The thing isn't even paid off yet. Got it at Best Buy and used the 18 month same as cash option. Did you hear back on your issue from them and how did they handle it? Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raith11458