Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

FAA REGISTRATION AND RIP OFF SIGHTS

Honker47

Reaction score
When I got my Karma I got online to make sure I would be flying legally and register with the FAA or find out the terms on that. I got a sight that appeared to be the FAA and read the rules and it said I needed to register my drone to be legal. So I went to do that and they wanted from 45-65 dollars. I then noticed the web address didn't end in .gov The site also wanted the serial numbers on my drone and my personal information. DO NOT GET RIPPED OFF BY FALSE SITES PRETENDING TO BE THE FAA!!! The address is FAA.gov and the cost is 5 dollars for 3 years, serial numbers are not asked for, so if you buy a new drone your numbers are your numbers for the full 3 years. Just basic information on you home address and phone number was all that is asked. You will receive a series of numbers and letters mixed up and has to be marked on your drone someplace visible or not like inside of the battery compartment is fine as long as it's on it someplace. Navigating to get to online registration was not so easy. I typed in the search engine on their site to get to it and it was still a little bit confusing. Also they have registration separate for model airplane separately from drones so make sure you register on the correct form. I've been flying without it but glad it's done and I didn't spend more than necessary on some rip off site pretending to be the FAA.

THIS IS THE RIP OFF SITE ADDRESS I WENT TO AND TO AVOID!!! IT IS A RIP OFF SITE!!!
Drone Registration - FAA Drone Registration Support Site

Last edited:
Reactions: b00tl3g and Shon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raith11458