Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Error Message: "Unable To Take Off"

jackjackattack

Reaction score
hi all, I have had my GoPro Karma for a bit over a year now, and I have just encountered the error message "Unable To Take Off". After some research, I have narrowed the issue down to being the stabilizer, but since my Karma is older than a year, I wont be covered under their replacement warranty. Am I out of luck? Is this a software issue or a hardware? I heard that replacements didn't fix anything.
I have contacted support (was not helpful at all), unpaired/repaired my Karma and controller, factory reset my Karma and controller, calibrated everything within the remote (Compass, Stabilizer, etc...), but nothing has resolved anything.
I dont know what to do, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

does your camera actually connect to the stabalizer? Are you able to use the stabilizer on the Grip?

does your camera actually connect to the stabalizer? Are you able to use the stabilizer on the Grip?
The camera does connect, yes. As far as the grip goes, the camera does get stuck on the "USB connected" screen when I turn it on. But the stabilizer itself does connect and works seemingly like it should.

The camera does connect, yes. As far as the grip goes, the camera does get stuck on the "USB connected" screen when I turn it on. But the stabilizer itself does connect and works seemingly like it should.

I'm not an expert...but if the stabilizer itself is functioning as it should, you might just be dealing with a bad harness. The harness costs $29.99 on Gopro's website. I had a similar issues and that is what fixed it for me...but obviously your mileage may vary.

Parts like the harness used to be available on Amazon. unfortunately, they don't seem to carry it anymore. too bad, as their return policy was very liberal.

If you do purchase the harness...Gopro has produced a video on youtube that is easy to follow in replacing it:

Reactions: b00tl3g
I'm not an expert...but if the stabilizer itself is functioning as it should, you might just be dealing with a bad harness. The harness costs $29.99 on Gopro's website. I had a similar issues and that is what fixed it for me...but obviously your mileage may vary.

Parts like the harness used to be available on Amazon. unfortunately, they don't seem to carry it anymore. too bad, as their return policy was very liberal.

If you do purchase the harness...Gopro has produced a video on youtube that is easy to follow in replacing it:
I bought and received a new harness. After installation, I still get the same error message. Feeling pretty hopeless right now. Open to other suggestions.

I bought and received a new harness. After installation, I still get the same error message. Feeling pretty hopeless right now. Open to other suggestions.
So sorry my suggestion didn’t work out for you. :(

If there was an inexpensive solution that would be it. That, or getting Gopro to pay for it. Don’t know if I could personally Justify the cost of the stabilizer. You might be able to find a discounted Karma Grip on eBay or Craig’s list maybe? Wish I could offer better ideas. I wish you the best!

So sorry my suggestion didn’t work out for you. :(

If there was an inexpensive solution that would be it. That, or getting Gopro to pay for it. Don’t know if I could personally Justify the cost of the stabilizer. You might be able to find a discounted Karma Grip on eBay or Craig’s list maybe? Wish I could offer better ideas. I wish you the best!
Thank you. I need all the luck I can get. So I actually used a friend's stabilizer and even that didn't change anything, so I guess I don't even know where the problem lies. Maybe it will work itself out in an update or something... one can only hope...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS