Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Error Fully Extend Arms

esanwaterman

Reaction score
Ive noticed the attached missing and as a result am getting and Error message Fully extend arms.

Can anyone aid in rectifying this problem

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 115
what is supposed to be there? are you able to take a picture of one of the other not missing items?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

what is supposed to be there? are you able to take a picture of one of the other not missing items?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_9085.JPG
    IMG_9085.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_9086.JPG
    IMG_9086.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
Is there a contact on the arm?
...none of the pics or videos online show the back. >:[

My reverse engineering observation is the button has to be pushed down -and- (if there is a) contact on the arm, it has to line up or else it thinks an arm is not extended.

Two must concur for the job to execute.

Whatever it is, its mounted to the board (watched the disassembly video). Once the board is removed, the plastic is just a hole.

Watch the video from ifixit, disassemble and send me the pic of the board where one is there, and one is missing.
If its what I'm thinking, you can make another from a household item and maybe a soldering iron.

PS looking closer, some of the plastic around it is broken as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Contact, the metal thing missing looks like an electrical or magnetic contact. I am unable to determine without more detailed photos from the circuit board point of view.
50fb5fc28255dcc5a136f7e7e2407316.jpg

I am very good at reverse engineering and on-the-fly engineering, as long as I have something to work with. My Karma has only been bench tested under controlled circumstances. I do not want to disassemble it unless a replacement is needed.
c25b240a081a46bc313ccfe4a74bcfe7.jpg

Last edited:
Folks I’m having the very same issue and even if I still couldn’t get it to work, I think I could figure out how this works.
Read the points below and check the pictures to get the full understanding.

1. The plastic “thing” that seems to be only a limiter to the arm is not only that, but you’ll see that there’s a very tiny end of that plastic part that stands out a little bit, exactly on the end that meets the shiny silver plate.
2. The shiny silver plate is a micro switch that is soldered to the main board, and the switch itself is a little black part in the inner side of that plate into the body.
3. The way it wasn’t engineered and it’s supposed to work is: If the plastic “thing” on the arm is P E R F E C T L Y in the place and angle as it comes out of the factory, when you fully extend the arm, the little edgy end of that plastic part will match the micro switch actuator (black piece), sending the signal that it is extended.

In my case I had the two back arms over extended a little bit causing a little bending to this plastic thing, not much but the necessary to make it not perfectly latch the plastic little edge to the micro switch actuator.
This is very frustrating. I’d hope for a more intelligent and less sensitive solution for that part, considering the size of the arm and how easy it is to bend that plastic part that plays a crucial role both on structure, by limiting the over extension of the arm and the sensor.

Attachments

• F53740BF-13A6-4AF4-9340-6DFF83990085.jpeg
    F53740BF-13A6-4AF4-9340-6DFF83990085.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • 2B7644DA-38F6-4782-8930-9A77BB28A501.jpeg
    2B7644DA-38F6-4782-8930-9A77BB28A501.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • A4CECFC1-F014-4CF2-9AC2-10DF0F04F7D6.jpeg
    A4CECFC1-F014-4CF2-9AC2-10DF0F04F7D6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 75
  • 241F89A4-72D9-40AC-9C3B-331A6D0BF9A9.jpeg
    241F89A4-72D9-40AC-9C3B-331A6D0BF9A9.jpeg
    985.1 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: CRXPanda
Folks I’m having the very same issue and even if I still couldn’t get it to work, I think I could figure out how this works.
Read the points below and check the pictures to get the full understanding.

1. The plastic “thing” that seems to be only a limiter to the arm is not only that, but you’ll see that there’s a very tiny end of that plastic part that stands out a little bit, exactly on the end that meets the shiny silver plate.
2. The shiny silver plate is a micro switch that is soldered to the main board, and the switch itself is a little black part in the inner side of that plate into the body.
3. The way it wasn’t engineered and it’s supposed to work is: If the plastic “thing” on the arm is P E R F E C T L Y in the place and angle as it comes out of the factory, when you fully extend the arm, the little edgy end of that plastic part will match the micro switch actuator (black piece), sending the signal that it is extended.

In my case I had the two back arms over extended a little bit causing a little bending to this plastic thing, not much but the necessary to make it not perfectly latch the plastic little edge to the micro switch actuator.
This is very frustrating. I’d hope for a more intelligent and less sensitive solution for that part, considering the size of the arm and how easy it is to bend that plastic part that plays a crucial role both on structure, by limiting the over extension of the arm and the sensor.
I have disassembled the whole drone because of the error to fully extend the arm. Contacted GoPro and there solution is to purchase a new core. I have just ordered a new replacement arm for the only arm that seems to be clicking. Not sure if this will be the solution or not but I didn’t see anything else that seemed to be out of place broken or missing. Anyone else have this same issue?

Reactions: thoteixeira
I have disassembled the whole drone because of the error to fully extend the arm. Contacted GoPro and there solution is to purchase a new core. I have just ordered a new replacement arm for the only arm that seems to be clicking. Not sure if this will be the solution or not but I didn’t see anything else that seemed to be out of place broken or missing. Anyone else have this same issue?

I had arm plastic tab broke on and then could not fly because of arm not fully extended message. We I managed to build the tab with epoxy steel and toothpick pieces. I then ordered a new arm. If arms staying in proper position and it is just the tiny prong not activating the switch I would be comfortable taking the thing apart and either shoe goo the micro switch(s) closed or solder the switch closed on the board.

Reactions: CRXPanda
I’m having the same issue,buddy crashed j in bro mine I replaced all the stuff I saw broken and then when I put it back together I get that message

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS