Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Editing Equipment

James Hatch

Reaction score
Somebody asked me the other day what Editing Program I used: In the main I am using The Wondershare Filmora 8.7.6 programme, though I do have the GoPro Editor, and more recently have received The Wondershare Filmora 9. programme.

Reactions: Ironspear
I've never heard of or tried Filmora. I may have to look into it.

Right now, I'm using Adobe Premiere CC - mainly because we use a lot of the other CC suite of apps for developing marketing materials for my side business. I've also messed around with Davinci Resolve and Lightworks. Both of those are definitely for people who want a professional non-linear editor, and can have a steep learning curve. But, they're free!

Reactions: SurfDog
Adobe fan also. Speaking as a salesperson and not a creative, the whole CC platform is amazing. Still have kids in school so I think the cost is under $20 bucks a month for the whole suite!

I fly a Karma Drone for what I can get with the Birds-Eye result from my videos, and moreover what I can get with my still shots. This example was shot with a GoPro 5 Black camera at 1920-1080 and 60fps.

Attachments

• Office, Pool & Market -.jpg
    Office, Pool & Market -.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
I just cant get over having to pay a monthly fee to use the software!
:)

Last edited:
GoPro Studio is free and covers most requirements including fisheye removal. Wondershare Filmora gives you zoom in and out with pan effect, and the are constantly updating their system. Mind you, it all depends on your requirements. I find I spend more time editing and planning a shoot, than actual flying time. Then again I divide my work up with mobile work with a handheld grip mounted on the car, nature close up's of local bird life. Gulls & Crows. So divide up your time, it's surprising what you will learn.

Reactions: Ironspear
I just cant get over having to paying a monthly fee to use the software!
:)

Davinci Resolve 15 is a full feature video editor/colorized/ sound mixer and it is FREE. It is compatible to Adobe. It is an extremely robust piece software. It also includes “Fusion” which allows for complex text transitions and special effects.

A couple of features not included in the free version that I would love, is the ability to de-noise video, and correct the fisheye lens distortion. The full version that includes these and many professional features I would never use, runs about $199, with no monthly subscription fee.

GoPro Studio is free and covers most requirements including fisheye removal. Wondershare Filmora gives you zoom in and out with pan effect, and the are constantly updating their system. Mind you, it all depends on your requirements. I find I spend more time editing and planning a shoot, than actual flying time. Then again I divide my work up with mobile work with a handheld grip mounted on the car, nature close up's of local bird life. Gulls & Crows. So divide up your time, it's surprising what you will learn.

James!
I am going to give GoPro Studio a try. Especially the 4k correction.
Great find.
Have a great day!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS