Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Drone-Only case

CaptFOT

Reaction score
I have the case that the Karma came in with the backpack etc.

I am looking for a drone - only carry case that might fit inside a larger backpack. I can store the other accessories elsewhere. Needs to be protective of course, but as tight to the drone as possible.

I know I can head to a camera store and make one custom myself, but thought I would start by asking.

CaptFOZT

Reactions: Matisse
Have you considered whether you wish the Drone only case to house the unit WITH props on or off? I'm assuming you wish to maintain the props on, but since it makes a diff in measurements, figured i'd ask before i looked at my "cases stash" lol yes, I buy a lot of bags as my equipment oft changes/expands, etc. and so often end up with a stash. Usually end up donate em to church thrifts after a spell, knowing I wont use them again. Also i'm in VA, USA are you in the states or abroad? Curious for the freight costs aspect.

Thanks for the reply.

Ideally with props on although to skinny it down more . . . Will be backpacking very remote in a couple weeks so leaving them on rather than risk dropping in bad terrain might be better.

Here in the states - STL.

Reactions: Matisse
Roger that, ill look in my stash, and agreed the effort to continually fuss with the on/off may prove a bad ROI, i dont think the footprint is worth what you’d save.... anyway, ill give a look about this weekend

OK, so comrade, you need a minimum interior dims of 19 x 9 x 4. I unfortunately do not have a bag adequate in my stash, that said, you may wish to check for a rifle case/pouch I found two "maybe's" on amazon to get your thinking for solutions going. must say, that's going to be a big and heavy back pack you got going on there! lol.

HTH, cheers

Pouch 1 idea

Pouch 2nd idea

If you are caring it with props off, you can greatly reduce the size of the case required to carry it.

I’ve carries and hiked with the drone and all accessories ( I carry three batteries) in a small camelback type backpack before. Last week for example, I transported it via car in the regular case, and then transferred the drone and all accessories to a regular 20 dollar Backpack purchased at Costco. This is larger than my small “camelback”, but that is because I was carrying a tripod, extension pole, hiking poles, ND filters, crampons, food, water, ski gloves, etc.

To protect the camera, I have a $5 lens cover I purchased from Amazon.

For added protection, a camera backpack would probably be fine, but extra padding is extra added weight. Honestly though..I’ve thrown the drone in a large canvas bag and taken it on a plane.As lomg as I’m not “litterally” throwing it around or dropping it, I’m not all that concerned.

If you are caring it with props off, you can greatly reduce the size of the case required to carry it.

I’ve carries and hiked with the drone and all accessories ( I carry three batteries) in a small camelback type backpack before. Last week for example, I transported it via car in the regular case, and then transferred the drone and all accessories to a regular 20 dollar Backpack purchased at Costco. This is larger than my small “camelback”, but that is because I was carrying a tripod, extension pole, hiking poles, ND filters, crampons, food, water, ski gloves, etc.

To protect the camera, I have a $5 lens cover I purchased from Amazon.

For added protection, a camera backpack would probably be fine, but extra padding is extra added weight. Honestly though..I’ve thrown the drone in a large canvas bag and taken it on a plane.As lomg as I’m not “litterally” throwing it around or dropping it, I’m not all that concerned.

Yes the Karma is a very robustly built quad. Nothing can really break once it is folded.
Back packs are safe to use. Great info, thanks Shon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS