Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Drone for holiday in Hainan

fitzdo

Reaction score
Hey guys

One of my mates suggested that I rent a drone from Fat Lama for when I go on holiday to Hainan, China in a couple of weeks (I don’t do enough exciting stuff to justify buying one :D). The problem is I don’t really know which of them on there is the best to get. Do you think the Karma will be better than say the Mavic Pro? I’m not by any means good at video editing or anything like that, it’ll just be for me and my mates to watch and maybe youtube. Do any of them on there look suitable? (Hopefully this question is in the right place)

Cheers!

Hey guys

One of my mates suggested that I rent a drone from Fat Lama for when I go on holiday to Hainan, China in a couple of weeks (I don’t do enough exciting stuff to justify buying one :D). The problem is I don’t really know which of them on there is the best to get. Do you think the Karma will be better than say the Mavic Pro? I’m not by any means good at video editing or anything like that, it’ll just be for me and my mates to watch and maybe youtube. Do any of them on there look suitable? (Hopefully this question is in the right place)

Cheers!
If you get Mavic, you'll get a really good little drone with more features than you'll have time to learn and figure out. It's a good drone though and very small. If you don't mind using your phone or tablet and don't mind not being able to see the screen with sun glare, it might be the way to go. Remember, it's only going to give you about 25 minutes of aerial footage so bring extra batteries and plan your shots.

If you decide on Karma, it should be because you want a simple portable drone that gives amazing photos and videos, can be set to auto upload your videos to GoPro Plus cloud service, has a controller with 900 nits brightness screen and is optimized for polarized sunglasses so you can always see whats on the screen, and that gives you more shooting possibility than just aerial footage. With Karma you're getting more than the drone, you are getting an incredible stabilizer that can be used hand held or body mounted and will make your videos look great. Unless you've used a hand held stabilizer, you have no idea the difference it makes. And with the Karma Grip, your videos will be buttery smooth and cinematic.

When you capture with Karma you have several options for accessing your photos and videos. You can auto upload to GoPro Plus and access the photos/videos from any computer or mobile device. You can use a Quik key and insert Karma's camera SD card into you mobile device and transfer the files over. Or, you can connect directly to a computer and download the files that way.

What's nice about Karma, is no matter how you access your content, GoPro provides easy to use and fast editing software so you can tag a few great moments and upload to youtube in no time.

I am thinking DJI drones will be the primary choice when in China? Maybe the only choice - either should serve your purposes (I own both)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS