Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Dream / 'Upgrade' Drone?

b00tl3g

Reaction score
Whether you need one or not...and with all love and respect to our Karma's...does anyone here have a 'dream drone' that they want to move up to sometime? If so, what about it don't like?

I’m thinking about the Mavic Air, simply because of weight and portability. I’m also looking at the Mavic 2 Pro.

Reactions: b00tl3g
DJI inspire 2 for me!
If you are going to go Pro you might as well go all the way!!! LMAO
Will have to talk to my bank manager though.
(none of you bastards tell my wife though!!!ROFL)

Kinda got a bad mouth there don't ya :rolleyes:

OOOH Sorry If I offended you by using that word mate. I'm an Aussie and we use it in the vernacular here all the time, bit like you Yanks using the word BUM. LMAO!

Reactions: Steveatron
OOOH Sorry If I offended you by using that word mate. I'm an Aussie and we use it in the vernacular here all the time, bit like you Yanks using the word BUM. LMAO!
Nah, yer good. The only bad word there is YANK...I'm a Texan! [emoji16]

For me the ultimate is one of the hydrogen powered drones with 3 hours of flight time...that start at $7000 (the Narwhal).
Practically achievable dream drone is the Inspire 2.
Near-future potential drone is the Yuneec Typhoon H Plus.

I kind of just want one of each.

For me the ultimate is one of the hydrogen powered drones with 3 hours of flight time...that start at $7000 (the Narwhal).
Practically achievable dream drone is the Inspire 2.
Near-future potential drone is the Yuneec Typhoon H Plus.

I kind of just want one of each.

Never heard about the Narwal. I Had to look it up. Acrually the Narwhal was 20k, it the newer Narwhal 2 that comes in at 7k.

Had to laugh when I read this comment:

“If hydrogen supply is going to be an issue, BShark can help out with that too. Its Orca 1 hydrogen fueling station can generate, compress and supply as much hydrogen as you need. Unfortunately, it costs US$180,000, and while described as "portable" it's still the size of a small taco van.”

And I thought $100 for a Kama battery was highway robbery, LOL!

I am still sticking with my Karma. Because if you treat it well, it will give you good results. All their cameras are of a hard to beat quality, see the attached clip:

I am still sticking with my Karma. Because if you treat it well, it will give you good results. All their cameras are of a hard to beat quality, see the attached clip:

Glorious footage!

Don't get me wrong, I have no plans of ever separating from my beloved Karma (assuming she doesn't fly away)...just that I suffer from a potent 'drone lust-hypergamy' that causes me to seek the alpha drone...

Reactions: Ironspear
'drone lust-hypergamy' wooohoo mate I have never heard this term used before.

I like it though LMAO!

Reactions: b00tl3g
If i was to ever upgrade it would most likely be to a mavic pro 2. But i got the karma as a package with the hero6 because it was only a few hundred more than the hero on its own. Still loving the karma, just not getting it out enough is my only downside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: b00tl3g and Shon
If i was to ever upgrade it would most likely be to a mavic pro 2. But i got the karma as a package with the hero6 because it was only a few hundred more than the hero on its own. Still loving the karma, just not getting it out enough is my only downside.

Would you get the Mavic 2 out more?

That’s the great thing about GoPro, even if you aren’t using the drone as much, you are probably using the Camera and Grip much more.

A $2000 DSLR camera is probably going to be used more than a drone too. I don’t think many people realize how much money they will be spending on a piece of equipment that mostly sits on their shells collecting dust.

Would you get the Mavic 2 out more?

That’s the great thing about GoPro, even if you aren’t using the drone as much, you are probably using the Camera and Grip much more.

A $2000 DSLR camera is probably going to be used more than a drone too. I don’t think many people realize how much money they will be spending on a piece of equipment that mostly sits on their shells collecting dust.

The drone usage would be the same as i live within 5.5km of sydney airport so i can’t fly it anywhere near home. So it’s only used when i go see my parents or in-laws.

You’re right, i came back from Japan and i had the karma grip in my hand the whole time, even took it on some rides at universal studies. Below is a link to one.

Last edited:
Great video Steve.
Did you waterproof the karma before you used it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS