Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Dreaded Lost Signal Error

SurfDog

Reaction score
Website
www.pahouselink.com
Posting to see if anyone else has had similar problems...

Random "funky" stuff started 2 weeks ago - side note, I've done videos of this property before without any issues.

Was trying to do a Real Estate video , laid the Karma on a flat surface (suburban street), started Karma then controller. Controller states there is a stabilizer problem and needs to be calibrated - which I did. Start the process over and I get a compass error; which I calibrated. Start over and I get another stabilizer error.

After recalibrating and restarting a few times I finally get the "all clear" to fly, everything started fine and 2 feet off the ground I get a lost GPS error from the controller - It shot up to 4-5 feet and I was able to get it to the ground (side-wards) breaking a few props.

I do have GoPro Care and going through their troubleshooting & diagnostics the determined it was the harness - so they replaced the harness and props.

Got everything yesterday, installed and calibrated everything. Took it out for a test run, started and lifted off fine. Took it to ~35 feet and got the dreaded lost signal error from the controller.

Was lucky enough to land without breaking anything this time.

Anyone else have a similar problem? How was it resolved?

Also same problem after a few not major mishaps. Its if its getting worse the lost signal an after i really try te precautions from pilots. Getting extra props also problematic as i live in south africa

do you get a warning from your controller " acquiring GPS location %" before you taking off or just " ready to flight" from your controller?

Do not reply on the " ready to fly " massage, when you touch the screen to have the karma leaving the ground, it is better at the same time preparing your finger on the left control stick, if karma has a kind of shifting movement after taking off and not staying steady in the air, you should push the left control stick downward firmly to get the karma going down and make it touch the ground no matter how far it goes, this my experience to avoid the karma fly away.

Posting to see if anyone else has had similar problems...

Random "funky" stuff started 2 weeks ago - side note, I've done videos of this property before without any issues.

Was trying to do a Real Estate video , laid the Karma on a flat surface (suburban street), started Karma then controller. Controller states there is a stabilizer problem and needs to be calibrated - which I did. Start the process over and I get a compass error; which I calibrated. Start over and I get another stabilizer error.

After recalibrating and restarting a few times I finally get the "all clear" to fly, everything started fine and 2 feet off the ground I get a lost GPS error from the controller - It shot up to 4-5 feet and I was able to get it to the ground (side-wards) breaking a few props.

I do have GoPro Care and going through their troubleshooting & diagnostics the determined it was the harness - so they replaced the harness and props.

Got everything yesterday, installed and calibrated everything. Took it out for a test run, started and lifted off fine. Took it to ~35 feet and got the dreaded lost signal error from the controller.

Was lucky enough to land without breaking anything this time.

Anyone else have a similar problem? How was it resolved?
I get the lost camer signal error and it tried to fly home and went straight into trees. Havent been able to hardly fly. It is with the hero 7 black.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS