Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

DETAILED Karma Teardown

yelrx8

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this forum, and new to the GoPro Karma.
(I apologize in advance, if this is not an appropriate post in this forum.)

I picked up a Karma for the purpose of utilizing the Karma multirotor platform. Specifically, my goal is to just replace all the OE flying gear with standard RC multirotor gear, and build a standard RC quadcopter from the Karma frame.

As a first step, I removed all the unnecessary gear and have provided some detailed teardown photos. Hope these photos can help someone for any reason. I have not found Karma detailed photos down to this level on the web thus far.

Sub-250g Multi-Rotors: GoPro Karma - Teardown

(I know this will not be a sub250g quad, but it's my website.)

Enjoy!

Thanks,
yelrx8

Cool- keep us updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi,
I'm new to this forum, and new to the GoPro Karma.
(I apologize in advance, if this is not an appropriate post in this forum.)

I picked up a Karma for the purpose of utilizing the Karma multirotor platform. Specifically, my goal is to just replace all the OE flying gear with standard RC multirotor gear, and build a standard RC quadcopter from the Karma frame.

As a first step, I removed all the unnecessary gear and have provided some detailed teardown photos. Hope these photos can help someone for any reason. I have not found Karma detailed photos down to this level on the web thus far.

Sub-250g Multi-Rotors: GoPro Karma - Teardown

(I know this will not be a sub250g quad, but it's my website.)

Enjoy!

Thanks,
yelrx8
Thankyou for all the high quality pictures.....I was interested in the antenna's on board Karma....and a few of your pictures shown what they look like and their location....Now you have me thinking about an up grade to karma's antennas to go with the upgrades I am planning to the controller...Thanks again

Reactions: Billybob
Thankyou for all the high quality pictures.....I was interested in the antenna's on board Karma....and a few of your pictures shown what they look like and their location....Now you have me thinking about an up grade to karma's antennas to go with the upgrades I am planning to the controller...Thanks again

Actually, I was hoping someone can provide some guidance on antenna design, usage, or hack. I'm trying to reuse or repurpose the "very nicely integrated" stock Karma antennas in the lower chassis. These are the big X antennas.
For the standard RC gear, I have the 2.4GHz FrSky RX dual diversity, 5.8GHz Video Transmitter (VTX), and a 433MHz telemetry transmitter.
Is there any way to somehow mod or retune the stock Karma antennas for these equipment?

Thanks.

Reactions: Billybob
Your talking about quite a complicated procedure to re-tune / alter these "X" antenna's followed by testing with an antenna analyzer of some sorts to check for accuracy...maybe adding another antenna(s) for the other freq's(known freq's) may be an approach...As it is RC they can be small and installed somwhere...

Ok, I'd figure it was not going to be that easy.
Those big cross antennas are tack welded or soldered to the metal bottom plate.
I will cut those out and install the standard RC gear within the bottom chassis.

yelrx8

Did you see the section on installing the extender for the controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playboy