Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Deactivating gps?

Drapodaca

Reaction score
Hi all members, I’m new at this discussion forums I hope all of you would help me. I’ve bought a karma drone but I didn’t know about the “no flying-zone” thing. The thing is i bought it for photo shooting in social events, some of them are in roofless places, but the no flying zone isn’t letting me using it. Is there a way I can deactivate the gps and fly without restriction?

You should read manual. You do not have to deactivate GPS to get around flying in restricted area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply.
I’ve read several times the manual but I don’t find the answer for my problem maybe you could help me telling me how I can do this?

If in restricted Fly zone you get notice of same and can respond by saying you have notified the appropriate control center. At least in US is how it works.

If in restricted Fly zone you get notice of same and can respond by saying you have notified the appropriate control center. At least in US is how it works.

In Switzerland you must confirm that you are in possession of a special permit to fly the drone in the restricted area. There are two types of restricted zones: (a) within 5km from any runway (civilian or military) and (b) around these areas where flying is restricted to 150m above ground. Though I don‘t know this for a fact, I presume similar practices are in place in other European countries.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

In Switzerland you must confirm that you are in possession of a special permit to fly the drone in the restricted area. There are two types of restricted zones: (a) within 5km from any runway (civilian or military) and (b) around these areas where flying is restricted to 150m above ground. Though I don‘t know this for a fact, I presume similar practices are in place in other European countries.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Hi
Same rouls in Sweden but max hight is 120 meters due to separation from other heavier aircrafts.

He or she that deactivates the GPS is asking for trouble. Also strong magnetic forces in the area will cause problems as well. So research your site before it is required on the day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS