Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Crashes

CRXPanda

Reaction score
Someone compiled crash vids of user error and defects.

I notice Karma inverts when falling. Anyone have a line-of-sight crash story they would like to tell or show video of?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

One fell in a lake and survived?!?

Reactions: PatF
Someone compiled crash vids of user error and defects.

I notice Karma inverts when falling. Anyone have a line-of-sight crash story they would like to tell or show video of?

Just created a case with GoPro on the loss of my Karma this morning. Two minutes into flight had power loss and 200 foot fall to asphalt. Drone is destroyed along with my Hero 4 Silver. Praying I get the service from them that I should. I studied this for a year before I made the decision and felt like they had resolved the issue with the original Karma launch. They have my flight logs,pictures and my YouTube page to view videos already published. Any advice from here would be greatly appreciated. The only thing that was heard from my controller was "Karma not communicating with camera" 2 seconds later it dropped.

Just created a case with GoPro on the loss of my Karma this morning. Two minutes into flight had power loss and 200 foot fall to asphalt. Drone is destroyed along with my Hero 4 Silver. Praying I get the service from them that I should. I studied this for a year before I made the decision and felt like they had resolved the issue with the original Karma launch. They have my flight logs,pictures and my YouTube page to view videos already published. Any advice from here would be greatly appreciated. The only thing that was heard from my controller was "Karma not communicating with camera" 2 seconds later it dropped.

Had a very similar situation on the same day as you. After the previous flight being a near disaster with lost gps over water ( story here ) , I purchased a trackimo, fitted new props, and went out for a test flight in my cul-de-sac. Wifi sniffer shows no channel 1 interference (my drone chooses channel 1) and I do ALL calibrations, pre-flight, take off and generally stay under 75 feet alt and within 150 feet, being very cautious since I still have suspicions that the firmware upgrade to 1.51 has some bugs. Get through 1 battery's worth of flight on sport mode. Let it sit for a few minutes, do another compass calibration and start flying, again, really cautious. About 9 minutes in, recording all of it, I have the drone descending from about 60 feet to 30, directly in the middle of my cul-de-sac, when Karma just loses power and begins to spin, dropping straight to the pavement unpowered from 30 feet, striking battery compartment first, shattering all props and popping all the led covers off the arms. Interestingly enough, the video, which I will post later, quit before impact having shown the first few spins but no crash. I'm ready to be done with this thing.

Last edited:
Had a very similar situation on the same day as you. After the previous flight being a near disaster with lost gps over water ( story here ) , I purchased a trackimo, fitted new props, and went out for a test flight in my cul-de-sac. Wifi sniffer shows no channel 1 interference (my drone chooses channel 1) and I do ALL calibrations, pre-flight, take off and generally stay under 75 feet alt and within 150 feet, being very cautious since I still have suspicions that the firmware upgrade to 1.51 has some bugs. Get through 1 battery's worth of flight on sport mode. Let it sit for a few minutes, do another compass calibration and start flying, again, really cautious. About 9 minutes in, recording all of it, I have the drone descending from about 60 feet to 30, directly in the middle of my cul-de-sac, when Karma just loses power and begins to spin, dropping straight to the pavement unpowered from 30 feet, striking battery compartment first, shattering all props and popping all the led covers off the arms. Interestingly enough, the video, which I will post later, quit before impact having shown the first few spins but no crash. I'm ready to be done with this thing.
GoPro is denying any and all liability on my case. I am at a loss for words. They clearly know of the problem and we are just out the investment I guess. Stock has gone from $90 bucks a share to $9 something so I guess they just don't care. What a shame. My bad for jumping on the Karma technology and not going with the Mavic Pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raith11458