Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Controller update?

Have just noticed there appears to be a controller update dated March 11th 2021, will attach link.

Link:- Karma Controller

View attachment 581
Hiya mate.
Well spotted with this update.
I have installed it now and it went very smoothly. You just have to be patient and wait for the prompts.
It's pouring with rain here at the moment so I cant test it out but I will as soon as the weather clears.

Take care.

Reactions: XerxesZ and Steve7
Last week I purchased a brand NEW Karma on Ebay. It didn't come with the Gimble or a GoPro. I found a new gimble on Ebay for $50. I received both yesterday, Installed the Gimble and a Hero Black 7. This morning I powered it up and wanted it to update to v2.01 for both the drone and the controller. After downloading the update I took it out to fly. No problems with pairing. Everything worked perfect. Just to let you know that there is an update for both the drone and the controller. I do have several DJI drones as well, MavicPro, Mavic Air, Spark and a Phantom 3. I really love the smoothness of the video on the Karma and the video is excellent. As it has worked flawlessly, I also just ordered another battery.

Just to let you know that there is an update for both the drone and the controller
But this time it is the update for the controller only from v2.50 to v2.50.01.
Both of my Karma have been updated, no problem.

Reactions: XerxesZ
If that is so then both updated to same version which is usual procedure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How can I update my drone when the controller and drone won't pair?

Haven't had any pairing issues with mine. I just recently purchased mine which was brand new. I have noticed that a lot of people had had this problem. Here is a video that might help.

Haven't had any pairing issues with mine. I just recently purchased mine which was brand new. I have noticed that a lot of people had had this problem. Here is a video that might help.
Yea, I've seen it. My drone did not automatically shutdown, it just blinked.

I have no idea why this is happening. Like I said, mine was new out of the box and it updated both the controller and drone with no problems. You might want to do a search on YouTube for "gopro karma pairing issues". There are lots of video of others having the same problem. Might find the right cure. There is even one guy trying to get Karma owners to file a class action lawsuit against GoPro for this problem.

Hi guys. My controller shows that an update is available, I click on it, does its thing as if it's updating, and after the reboot the "update was successful" message is shown, however, the update shows up again as if it was not done. Tried updating several times, connected to WiFi obviously.
Also the drone still does not pair to the controller. I have managed to pair it by resetting the controller to defaults, however, it only worked until I powered both off.
Now I have the same pairing issue. Also, the gimbal does not power up when Karma is on. None of the youtube videos helped. Any other suggestions? This is annoying, now that I have also bought a spare battery :/ This "Karma not found" issue came out of nowhere, overnight.

Last edited:
There is at least a dozen different solutions on YouTube. I don't think anyone really as the correct answer. It's a hit or miss situation. I know that is not what you want to hear, I would suggest trying to do a factory reset. I have only had mine a couple of months with no problems and I don't plan on doing any further updates. I also wonder just how many of these drones are still flying as there is hardly anyone on this forum anymore. I hope you get some more answers or suggestions.

Reactions: Razvanchirculescu
Yea, I've seen it. My drone did not automatically shutdown, it just blinked.
I suggest that to register an account to Gopro after service like the guy of the YouTube "fix it, here is how", but you should spend some money for this, Gopro is the original manufacturer, for sure they will solve any problem of their product but according to their warranty policy.

Reactions: Razvanchirculescu
After two years of continually contacting GoPro about the Jan 2020 grounding of the karma drone I am about to give up. They are yet to supple a fix for my drone that gets it flying. I am on the internet ad can even login to GoPro via the controller but there is no update, my controller believes that on version 1.4 I am up to date. They are now saying that the karma is no longer supported even though I have had a call logged with them since Jan 2020. Well below my expectations and more than likely the last GoPro product I will get.

Found this the other day , apparently you can update the controller manually , we just need the image files.

Good news seems rare when it comes to the Karma but it looks like there are people making progress when GoPro is refusing to help.

Have just noticed there appears to be a controller update dated March 11th 2021, will attach link.

Link:- Karma Controller

View attachment 581
Had several family challenges and missed the deadline to download the update for the controller that has been taken down from GoPro site. I really need the file that hopefully someone manually downloaded before GoPro took it down March 11th, 2021or 2022.
[email protected]
I’d be more than thankful if someone can help me avoid selling her for parts! Almost never flown. (870) 404-5757 Kent. Please leave message if you have any suggestions. Thx.

Had several family challenges and missed the deadline to download the update for the controller that has been taken down from GoPro site. I really need the file that hopefully someone manually downloaded before GoPro took it down March 11th, 2021or 2022.
[email protected]
I’d be more than thankful if someone can help me avoid selling her for parts! Almost never flown. (870) 404-5757 Kent. Please leave message if you have any suggestions. Thx.
Just send you the file VIA We transfer to your email, but it wont make a difference, still wont pair.

Hi guys. My controller shows that an update is available, I click on it, does its thing as if it's updating, and after the reboot the "update was successful" message is shown, however, the update shows up again as if it was not done. Tried updating several times, connected to WiFi obviously.
Also the drone still does not pair to the controller. I have managed to pair it by resetting the controller to defaults, however, it only worked until I powered both off.
Now I have the same pairing issue. Also, the gimbal does not power up when Karma is on. None of the youtube videos helped. Any other suggestions? This is annoying, now that I have also bought a spare battery :/ This "Karma not found" issue came out of nowhere, overnight.
The drone is no longer powering up properly.
if you look at your available wifi connections I’m going to guess that the drone does not show in the list. I’m new to this problem but I do know that there is no way to update the drone through the controller without its wifi connected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS