Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Controller Battery Charging Issues

thatroolz

Reaction score
I cant get a good reading from the battery life display on the controller. Its pretty glitchy, usually only shows one light blinking and it wont stop after unplugging the charger. Is there a fix for this? I couldn't understand why it kept powering down one day very shortly after take off. I finally figured out it must be low on charge, but I had no idea because of the glitchy charging lights.

I think you need to have a chat with GoPro Support who hopefully will replace your controller.

Always use the Karma charging unit for the Controller, Drone Battery and the Karma Grip. This unit is designed for that purpose. Also charge from a 100 -240 volt alternating source and not from a USB port.

Reactions: Shon
Always use the Karma charging unit for the Controller, Drone Battery and the Karma Grip. This unit is designed for that purpose. Also charge from a 100 -240 volt alternating source and not from a USB port.

Along these same lines...I thought I would forgo the use of the Karma charging unit as I was charging the Karma Grip in-between destinations on a recent road trip. Instead, I used a USB-C cable attached to my car's DC outlet. BAD IDEA!!!

My Gopro Karma stopped working just as I reached Glacier Point in the Scenic Yosemite National Park. Several attempts at re-calibration and hard reset did not correct the problem. I eventually took the camera out of the harness, and just did the best I could, without the benefit of the Grip. Fortunately, it was close to the end of the day...and I have been there several times before, but I couldn't imagine how upset I would have been if that was a "once in a lifetime" trip, especially given how beautiful that particular spot is for filming.

Eventually, when I got back to the hotel, I plugged the Karma Grip in overnight, and the following day it worked fine. Honestly, I was expecting the worst!

Alternatively, Had I just left things well enough alone, my battery probably would have lasted for the rest of the day. I had the Karma charger with me, and I could have just plugged it into the AC outlet in my car. In the past, I have also used the charger in combination with the Karma Batteries when I am hiking to charge the Karma Grip on longer hikes. It is a bit of extra weight...but worth the consideration on scenic hikes.

Glad you have solved the problem. Remember to charge all batteries before you take off to the site. This includes the camera battery as well. Keep us posted with results of the next trip

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS