Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Raincast

Reaction score
Hello fellow flyers!

I just finished a light-hearted guide when it comes to travelling with your drone. I split the tips into phases such as preparation, pre-flight and flight just to organize the content a bit better. Feel free to input your own advice so those who are looking to travel may be more equipped with the potential challenges. Any feedback would be good too! As a disclaimer, this is my entry to the Epic Aerial Guides contest. I hope you like it!

LINK HERE

Reactions: Shon
I enjoyed your guide. Only travel tip I might offer is that most airlines will not give you problems with the drone, but do have restrictions around storage of LiPo batteries. Also, along width your “checking laws” tip, some countries may confiscate you drone at customs or charge exorbitant “taxes” upon entry ( as much as 10-20% the retail price of the drone), so it definitely pays to do your homework. :)

Reactions: Raincast
Which countries do you know of that confiscate or charge for drone entry? That's pretty nasty...

I enjoyed your guide. Only travel tip I might offer is that most airlines will not give you problems with the drone, but do have restrictions around storage of LiPo batteries. Also, along width your “checking laws” tip, some countries may confiscate you drone at customs or charge exorbitant “taxes” upon entry ( as much as 10-20% the retail price of the drone), so it definitely pays to do your homework. :)

Here is one example from Nicaragua:

Other countries can do it too if your drone is not registered. I’m not saying it is “likely” only that it can and does happen.

Reactions: Raincast
Here is one example from Nicaragua:

Other countries can do it too if your drone is not registered. I’m not saying it is “likely” only that it can and does happen.

That's good to know man! Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS