Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Castle Rock, Dunsborough, Western Australia 27/10/2018

Kano

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Getting better but still some jerky moments. There is a big difference between flying a UAV and art. Smooth flying and good panning are essential to top quality material. Then there is post production. I use Final Cut Pro but always wonder what other people use. I even tried stitching in a couple of edited RAW images this time. Please let me know what you think of my latest production!

Reactions: Shon
Well done mate.
I guess the more planning we do for our shots the better they will be.
I am still just learning to.
Practice makes perfect.

Reactions: Kano
Yep planning is key. I also need to get another couple of batteries. 10-15 minutes (max) of air time just isn't enough when you drive so far to get to these amazing places. The more video to edit from the better! It still takes finess though. Being able to move your drive sticks and pan simultaneuosly, and to be able to ascend/descend, strafe, yaw and/or move forward or backward or a combination of all of those is where the cinematics are. Practice makes perfect and a bit of guts/stupidity to go for that shot that no one else will!

Reactions: Ironspear
Yep planning is key. I also need to get another couple of batteries. 10-15 minutes (max) of air time just isn't enough when you drive so far to get to these amazing places. The more video to edit from the better! It still takes finess though. Being able to move your drive sticks and pan simultaneuosly, and to be able to ascend/descend, strafe, yaw and/or move forward or backward or a combination of all of those is where the cinematics are. Practice makes perfect and a bit of guts/stupidity to go for that shot that no one else will!

I agree about the need for extra batteries. I have three, and that typically does the trick. I recently went on a trip, where I thought I would use an AC charger to charge my batteries in-between multiple drive to locations. Unfortunately, the battery in my car was old, and with the key in the "accessory" position, my battery drained just enough that I couldn't start my car. I had no problem charging batteries while I was driving. Lesson learned.

Had a great scenic spot waiting for AAA to come and charge my battery (pic related...waiting for the tow truck):2018-10-08 Fort Bragg  8989.JPG

Reactions: Kano and Ironspear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS