Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

CAMERA NOT CONNECTING TO KARMA

That's not a bad idea to have another Karma and see what part is really malfunctioning! I live in Seattle, WA - Any Karma people around? PS: Adam, I'm spending New Years in London. Thought about bringing the drone but with all the excitement you guys are having don't think it's a good idea! :)

I am having the same issue. The camera isn't recognized, and they sent me a new harness that came today, but that did not fix the problem. They were closed for the day before I could call them today, so I will have to call tomorrow.

OK, just for the heck of it I powered up both the drone with my Hero5 and the controller at same time. This time it said the camera needed an update. I did that and it seems it is working. Before it just "x" out the camera symbol and would give the error message. Maybe they put a patch on the update software?? Also when the camera could not be found I did an update with just the camera. Maybe you have to have the camera on the drone for any updates?? Inquiring minds want to know!

So some times when I turn the karma on, it Goes straight into the little drone logo on the front of the go pro, but a lot of the time it doesn't. Either the GoPro doesn't turn on at all. Or goes into the Bluetooth logo. I will try and attach some photos of it

Hey did you ever get your issue solved? I have new hero6 w karma and getting same thing. Was wondering if you could forward me what you did to resolve. Thanks

Hello, I experienced the same problem with my gopro hero 5 and karma drone. The drone cannot detect the camera and I don't know why. I tried connecting it with the grip and it works perfectly fine. Then, I tried another camera (my cousin's hero 5), and it works perfectly fine with the drone. :(

It kinda strange why it works with the grip but it won't work with the drone. Any help here? Thanks! :)

I had similar issues. After a crash I got a replacement Karma and Stabilizer through my GoPro Care. Karma never recognized the camera (Hero 5 Black) or would drop the camera feed just before take off. Camera worked fine in stabilizer / harness. Went back and forth w/customer support and they sent me a replacement Harness for free. That finally fixed my issue. Flew the Karma a few times over the past week and have had no problems at all. The customer support person told me they have had issues with the harnesses recently. All my software was current as well.

I had similar issues. After a crash I got a replacement Karma and Stabilizer through my GoPro Care. Karma never recognized the camera (Hero 5 Black) or would drop the camera feed just before take off. Camera worked fine in stabilizer / harness. Went back and forth w/customer support and they sent me a replacement Harness for free. That finally fixed my issue. Flew the Karma a few times over the past week and have had no problems at all. The customer support person told me they have had issues with the harnesses recently. All my software was current as well.

Yeah, same thing happened with me though. I got a replacement Karma & stabilizer through GoPro Care as well. I thought I would be able to fly my karma drone after that replacement but sadly, camera won't connect with the karma drone until now.

a lot of problems with the karma now I kinda regret that I got it.
I have some of the same issues, grip can control the camera, the drone doesn't connect but sometimes the controller can see the camera but cant communicate to it............

got a new harnes from gopro but that was not the problem.... awaits a call from support

After a lot of back and forth, my issue was fixed. They sent me a new harness first and that didn't work. They were going to send me a new harness but I protested, since they just did that. They delayed and then replaced the harness and stabilizer. In the meantime there was a software update. With the software update, new harness, and new stabilizer, it worked.

a lot of problems with the karma now I kinda regret that I got it.
I have some of the same issues, the grip can not control the camera, the drone doesn't connect but sometimes the controller can see the camera but cant communicate to it............

got a new harness from GoPro but that was not the problem.... awaits a call from support

so support contacted me and I need to send the camera and the stabilizer to them, 2 different addresses and no packing label only some kind of reseat, the shop did not take the package, so I'm getting my money back.... and I'm buying a DJI

Reactions: Dominic Liam
Why not check the stabilizer out using the Karma Grip, also treat yourself to the Karma Handbook by Jordan Hetrick, you will find it well worthwhile. I call it my Karma Bible.

Can you elaborate, because I'm not sure what you mean when you say "GoPro isn't connecting to the karma". Do you have any error messages? Are you not seeing the camera feed on the controller?
Without more information on what the specific problem is, we can't be of much help.

What do you think he means? He means his camera is not connected. The error message is "Camera Not Connected". Its a common problem caused by a faulty harness. GoPro's fix is a new harness.

Last edited:
Welcome on board Manfunk. First make sure your camera has the proper harness. Second with the camera and stabilizer properly attached and the drone turned on, check that all four points on your controller are up to date. This done, before you fly, make sure your batteries are all topped up. Four steady lights on your drone battery, and at least 3 lights on your controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS