Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

CAMERA NO FOUND - Karma problem

angusghoul

Reaction score
I have this problem: CAMERA NO FOUND. Yesterday all works fine, and today nothing. I have 3 days with the drone. Please help me I'm so sad I read all in Google and watch all the videos on YouTube please help me please
🙁

gopro.jpg

Hiya mate. Sorry about your problem.

Have you tried starting the drone first and letting it "boot-up" fully before you start the connection from the controller. It's just that I saw that you had the controller started up already before you started the drone. Worth a try I guess.

Good luck.

Hiya mate. Sorry about your problem.

Have you tried starting the drone first and letting it "boot-up" fully before you start the connection from the controller. It's just that I saw that you had the controller started up already before you started the drone. Worth a try I guess.

Good luck.
Yes , I tried power on the drone first and later the controller, or the controller and later the drone, both , etc. I'm so sad :(

It appears that it has to be either the camera or the gimbal. Does the camera function properly when not connected to the gimbal? When you first turn the drone on, does the gimbal move? If it moves and the camera functions properly it might be the USB connection between the camera and drone. I would try and find another GoPro camera and give it a try. If it still shows up as not connected, it's probably the connecting pins on the gimbal. I have seen gimbals for sale on Ebay, as some are parting theirs out. It defiantly looks like a connection problem between the camera and gimble as it shows your stabilizer up to date.

It appears that it has to be either the camera or the gimbal. Does the camera function properly when not connected to the gimbal? When you first turn the drone on, does the gimbal move? If it moves and the camera functions properly it might be the USB connection between the camera and drone. I would try and find another GoPro camera and give it a try. If it still shows up as not connected, it's probably the connecting pins on the gimbal. I have seen gimbals for sale on Ebay, as some are parting theirs out. It defiantly looks like a connection problem between the camera and gimble as it shows your stabilizer up to date.
Yes, the camera works perfectly in the gimbal. And yes, when I turn on the drone, the gimbal move to start. My camera works fine so, I think is the harness :(

Also, when I turn on the gimbal with the camera off, all works fine and the camera turn on normally. In the drone happen the same: drone and camera off, I turn on the drone and the camera do the same (in the screen appear USB CONNECTION) , so, i don't understand what happen

Assumption is that you have removed and reinstalled the camera? By the sounds of what you have done you have done this already.
I had this issue when I was on a very early version of the firmware. It looks like your trying to update your firmware, what version are you currently on? I had an issue where I was stuck on version 1.40.x and had to do a manual flash of my firmware to get past that version.

Assumption is that you have removed and reinstalled the camera? By the sounds of what you have done you have done this already.
I had this issue when I was on a very early version of the firmware. It looks like your trying to update your firmware, what version are you currently on? I had an issue where I was stuck on version 1.40.x and had to do a manual flash of my firmware to get past that version.
yep, I've had the drone since christmas. And before flying it, the controller asked me for all the updates: the camera, the controller, the gimbal, and the drone itself.
I give you the versions that I have and tell me what you recommend, thank you very much reall
Pd: my camera is a GoPro hero 6 black 02.10 versión software
Drone and Controller 2.50.1
Stabilizer 2.0.0

Versions look good , I agree with @MiragePro, it sounds like a connection issue.

But I think you jinxed me , I took mine out to fly this morning and I get the no camera found alert.

Mine does play up a little after charging and some times does not turn on. At this point I remove the battery and put it back in and it works.

@angusghoul , this is unlikely to be your issue as you said it works fine out of the drone where as mine wont turn on at all.

It is most of the time the connecting problem between harness and the camera:
1. during the start-up ( both controller and drone powered on), try removing the camera from the harness and put it back again and keep doing it ( feel the connecting firmed) until it connected ( you hear a di di di sound).
2. Try a new harness.

You should be happy its just the camera.
Easy to fix.

You can update the camera separatly direct to pc.

You can also update the gimbal with handle direct to pc.

You could even update the drone and controller without the gimbal and camera.

Its just either the camera or the harness.

Easy fix.

A gimbal also will set you 80-150 used. Cheap.

Keep flying.

Also, turn on the controller first and let it finish BEFORE you turn on the drone.

If the camera is not being found, try to manually turn it on while everything is turned on.

Mine acts up aswell and this is what i usually do.

The next time i turn it on, its doing fine.
Its a weird drone.

You should be happy its just the camera.
Easy to fix.

You can update the camera separatly direct to pc.

You can also update the gimbal with handle direct to pc.

You could even update the drone and controller without the gimbal and camera.

Its just either the camera or the harness.

Easy fix.

A gimbal also will set you 80-150 used. Cheap.

Keep flying.
cheap? I spend all my money to buy a drone and 4 days after dont work :( i have all the updates

Also, turn on the controller first and let it finish BEFORE you turn on the drone.

If the camera is not being found, try to manually turn it on while everything is turned on.

Mine acts up aswell and this is what i usually do.

The next time i turn it on, its doing fine.
Its a weird drone.
but my camera turn on when i turn on the dorne, so, its weird that the controller dont detect the camera. The important thing to say is that, in the screen of the gopro, appears the icon of USB and not the icon of the drone, so, i dont uderstand

Look at this, sometimes the drone detected my camera, but say other problem: CAMERA NOT RESPONDING. So, 100% confirmed that is the harness? :(

Attachments

• IMG_20220102_031058.jpg
    IMG_20220102_031058.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
Yes it has to be the harness or the camera port itself.

ARE YOU SURE you slowly but firmly pushed the camer into the harness correctly and maybe blow the ports etc???

Yes it has to be the harness or the camera port itself.

ARE YOU SURE you slowly but firmly pushed the camer into the harness correctly and maybe blow the ports etc???
Today arrived my new harness , and unfortunately don't work, I'm so sad. Also, I tried with another GoPro and don't work too. I tried with 2 harness, two cameras, and both of the harness work perfectly on the grip. So, what can I do? It's the drone or the stabilizer? I think it's the drone :(

This is the test

Try to pull out the battery ( when power is on) and push back again, sometimes you should do several times, good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS