Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Calaveras Big Tree State Park: Winter

Shon

Reaction score
I went to this park over the weekend. I have been there many times before. Summer, Spring, Fall, Winter...all amazing times to go.

The rangers told me that Drone flight was Legal. Unfortunately there was way more snow than I was planning on! There were snow drifts everywhere, and streams flowing under the snow...I was afraid to go off the trail and get myself in trouble. I decided to just use the Karma Grip instead. That is one of the great things about this drone! Bad weather? you have a plan "B".

Wowswers! Gorgeous!!! Nicely done and great choice of music :)
What fps is this shot with, i want to start experimenting more with the range of fps to achieve different cinematic looks... do you do any post productions with color grading at all?

Reactions: Shon
I lived in SoCal for a while in 2016, did some goprovideos with my hero3 riding my motorcycle. Mostly julian, oceanside, carlsbad, palomar.. never got too far north...

Wowswers! Gorgeous!!! Nicely done and great choice of music :)
What fps is this shot with, i want to start experimenting more with the range of fps to achieve different cinematic looks... do you do any post productions with color grading at all?

I use Hero 5 Black, 2.7k, 60fps linear, protune, flat profile. I edit and colorgrade with a free version of Davinci Resolve.

I lived in SoCal for a while in 2016, did some goprovideos with my hero3 riding my motorcycle. Mostly julian, oceanside, carlsbad, palomar.. never got too far north...

I’ve taken my drone with me all over the the place, from coast to coast in the US, down to Mexico, I’ve really enjoyed the diversity of videos I’ve been able to create. Here is a highlight reel from 2018:

Holy macadamia nuts! That was utterly AMAZING! And ive been to a lot of those places... i loved the editing as well. Golly cant get over how kewl that video is.

Im still trying to figure out how to properly upload to youtube... lol. My source files look real good, but my uploads are all blotchy and go in and out of focus... its disheatertening... i uploaded one this morning and now i look at it and my heart sinks.. looked awful.. i need a youtube vid to learn how to best upload a youtube vid. Haha.

Anyway. Saweeeeeet... killer video @Shon... im very inspired to keep practicing learning to fly, so one day i can start building my cinematography skills!

Bravo

Wow, thanks for your kind words!

YouTube actually offers a helpful guide that tells users which formats to use for best results. Some video editors ( like Davinci Resolve) will allow you to automatically export in a Youtube friendly setting.

Also, I’ve. Noticed that some of my YouTube videos are blotchy when they are first processed. In can take a while ( an hour or so) for full HD to become available. Sometimes YouTube will tell me the video is ready for prime time... and it is only showing the video at extremely low resolution.

Reactions: Matisse
Wow, thanks for your kind words!

YouTube actually offers a helpful guide that tells users which formats to use for best results. Some video editors ( like Davinci Resolve) will allow you to automatically export in a Youtube friendly setting.

Also, I’ve. Noticed that some of my YouTube videos are blotchy when they are first processed. In can take a while ( an hour or so) for full HD to become available. Sometimes YouTube will tell me the video is ready for prime time... and it is only showing the video at extremely low resolution.

Thx for the YouTube tips. I mostly use Filmora, but I’ll definitely take a look at Divinci. I also noticed earlier tonight that when I played my video direct from one of my YouTube channels, it was great, but when I clicked on the link from when I pasted it into my FB newsfeed, that’s when it was blotchy. Does that make any reasonable sense?
Anyway I continue to learn, explore, evolve. Videos like yours totally inspire me.

Thx for the YouTube tips. I mostly use Filmora, but I’ll definitely take a look at Divinci. I also noticed earlier tonight that when I played my video direct from one of my YouTube channels, it was great, but when I clicked on the link from when I pasted it into my FB newsfeed, that’s when it was blotchy. Does that make any reasonable sense?
Anyway I continue to learn, explore, evolve. Videos like yours totally inspire me.
Click on settings once you open the video in the link. I wouldn’t. Be surprised if it defaulted to the lowest resolution for some reason. I see it all the time.

I’ve taken my drone with me all over the the place, from coast to coast in the US, down to Mexico, I’ve really enjoyed the diversity of videos I’ve been able to create. Here is a highlight reel from 2018:

Great video Shon! I really enjoyed it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS