Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Broken Propellers, only stump left

hexzaz

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I had a little accident and broke my propellers on my left side but can't get the little stubs left off - does anyone have any handy tips to share?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_8794.JPG
    IMG_8794.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
Hey Guys, I had a little accident and broke my propellers on my left side but can't get the little stubs left off - does anyone have any handy tips to share?

Thank you!
Use the tool supplied to lock the motor and pliers to turn the hub in the opposite direction to the arrow...

Reactions: hexzaz

Thank you!

This video could help you with using tool for putting/removing propelers:

Reactions: hexzaz
Thanks guys for the suggestions! however, unlike in the video where they still have one whole side left that they can use to leverage it and turn the propeller off, as you can see in my picture, there’s nothing to hold on to to turn making it so much harder :(

Hi Hexzaz, I'm surprised you can't get a grip with the 'rounded' inside of a pair of pliers. Find something with a hole slightly smaller than the large hub diameter and super-glue it on. That will give you something to grip - MAKE SURE YOU"RE TURNING AGAINST THE ARROW ON THE HUB... Phil

Thanks guys for the suggestions! however, unlike in the video where they still have one whole side left that they can use to leverage it and turn the propeller off, as you can see in my picture, there’s nothing to hold on to to turn making it so much harder :(
upload_2018-4-5_17-10-48.png

One you fix in motors as shown above, and the other one with part marked in red "circle" you fix that what has left from propeller and hold it firmly and spin (opposite of the direction shown on head of propeler), it will take a little while it loosen up but don't give up easily.
Good luck!

Reactions: WallyWallWhackr
OK, now I know why the 'punch out' on the prop spanner and why there are two prop spanners. Use one to lock the motor as shown. Drop the second 'cut out' over the hub. It will fit even the smallest remaining blade stub. Put it on one way to turn clockwise and flip it over to turn anti-clockwise.... Thanks for that Hexzaz - I wondered why it had that punched out shape! - Phil

Hi guys I crashed my drone today ; I was about to land when I heard “magnetic interference”. And suddenly no more effect on the controls and it slighty drafted....to the trees :-(. I don’t understand what happened. No mobile on me. I was near my house, in the garden....well 3 propellers are broken, my question is : is it necessary to replace the 3 engines ? I can feel they are not turning smoothly as the 4th one. Thank you for your answers.
Philippe, France.

Hi guys I crashed my drone today ; I was about to land when I heard “magnetic interference”. And suddenly no more effect on the controls and it slighty drafted....to the trees :-(. I don’t understand what happened. No mobile on me. I was near my house, in the garden....well 3 propellers are broken, my question is : is it necessary to replace the 3 engines ? I can feel they are not turning smoothly as the 4th one. Thank you for your answers.
Philippe, France.

Hard to say. I imagine you could power up the Karma without the propellers and see how they sound. If you don’t detect any issues, when you get new propellers, find an open field where you can hover in place and test things out. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS