Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Broke ass hand job?

OBjuan

Reaction score
I am not sure my handheld gimbal that came with my Karma is working right?

When I put my GoPro Hero 5 Black into the gimbal, and put it in the hand wand, and press the red circle button on the wand, the gyro stabilizes, and the camera comes on - and then the camera goes to the black "USB connected" screen, and that's it.

I can trick it into working, if I press record on the camera's button while the wand is off, and then press the wands button it will turn on, and then I have to do this process again every time I want to start a new shot (and edit out the junk start). I have tried it both with just the camera and wand, and with my android phone connected to the camera, and it always seems finicky at best.

What am I missing?

(I recently updated my camera, Karma, remote, and gimbal - and still have these issues. If there is a way to update the handjob I don't know how?)
(Is there a better forum devoted to the hand jobber I should be asking this in?)

Thanks

I am not sure my handheld gimbal that came with my Karma is working right?

When I put my GoPro Hero 5 Black into the gimbal, and put it in the hand wand, and press the red circle button on the wand, the gyro stabilizes, and the camera comes on - and then the camera goes to the black "USB connected" screen, and that's it.

I can trick it into working, if I press record on the camera's button while the wand is off, and then press the wands button it will turn on, and then I have to do this process again every time I want to start a new shot (and edit out the junk start). I have tried it both with just the camera and wand, and with my android phone connected to the camera, and it always seems finicky at best.

What am I missing?

(I recently updated my camera, Karma, remote, and gimbal - and still have these issues. If there is a way to update the handjob I don't know how?)
(Is there a better forum devoted to the hand jobber I should be asking this in?)

Thanks

lol the "hand job" is just a battery pack I think, no need to update that.

Do you know some one else with a Gopro camera that you can try in your gimbal?

Have you tried to clean the connections where the camera and the gimbal interface (compressed air works well for this). Some times dirt or dust can get stuck in there.

Good luck...

Gopro customer service should be able to chat with you online and help you problem solve. There are frequently quality control issues with the stabilizer and cradle (holds the camera on the stabilizer) that would need replacement. The cradle is inexpensive ($30), but the stabilizer is $200. You don't use your camera every day...so if you wait too long to deal with the issue (long enough to void the warranty) , Gopro might not agree to replace the defective device. Better to deal with it now... best of luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildman