Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Broke 3 propellers at take off

Dropi57

Reaction score
This was my second take off, unfortunately the camera wasn‘t recording, as my purple was more to get acquainted with the Karma.

What happened: I started up the drone an the controller on level ground, in virtually windstill conditions. Both the battery and the controller were fully loaded. A first flight was without any hitches and I landed the drone again. Next I planned to film a short sequence, so carried the drone back to the same starting spot. When I pressed the button for automatic take-off, I heard the increased buzz of the propellers turning. And then, still on the ground, the drone fell to one side, breaking off both propellers, then - from the moment of the propellers still rotating - onto the other side, breaking the other propeller at the front.

I have no idea what had happened, and I am still a bit shell shocked. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Being an inexperienced drone pilot, I thought having the automatic take-off was more adequate than attempting a manual one. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hallo Dropi

Ich habe selbst auch die Karma. Habe nun schon zwischen 15 und 20 Akkuladungen verflogen. Bisher konnte ich keine Fehler oder sonstigen Probleme feststellen. Zu deinem Problem. Könnte es sein das du ausversehen die Propeller Falsch aufgesetzt hast? Bin mir zwar jetzt gerade gar nicht sicher ob dies überhaupt möglich ist. Würde aber die Falsche Schubkraft auf einer Seite erklären.

Beste Grüsse
René

Hallo René, kann nicht sein, denn ich habe ja unmittelbar davor einen Flug erfolgreich absolviert. Aber danke für Deinen Input.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildman