Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Battery problem Battery

Rantati7

Reaction score
I have two Karma’s bought one month apart in April 2018.

What could be the problem: original battery works in the device it came with but they cannot be interchanged. The only difference that I see in these two batteries is that one has a red tape above the changing led and the other one is without.

Very strange, the battery packs have their manufacturing date on the label on them and it seems the ones with the red label are newer stock with some batteries being shipped being two years old.

Perhaps along with the red safety maker they made some other changes to the batteries or the drone.

I assume you have applied all software updates to both drones, etc.

Reactions: Rantati7
Yep.. all updated. The model number on the batteries is the same. The only difference is that red tape and the date. Went to the shop where I bought the second drone and I will get the battery changed. However this is odd as the model numbers are the same and the dates on those two batteries are 2017–12-19 and 2017-05-08. Otherwise all markings are the same and batteries fit perfectly to both drones.

I bet the red marked one is the Dec 2017 battery but at least both of them are pretty new.

Good luck with your new one and fly safe.

You are right. Still some spare batteries sold to Karma are without that red tape...

I have a problem, whit the original battery the drone does not work whit the supplementary that I have buy separately it works.
In the begings it works whit the original but at this moment it only make an usb connection whit the camera. Can you help me?

i buy a karma drone few days ago, today it was deliverd to me and surprise battery is not charching, have no lights even if i push the button is not working im very disappointed...

The battery is probably very old, been sitting on a shelf a long time., and the Karma Charger has a big problem with really discharged batteries. Options very limited due to the connector used. Have to be patient. Leave charger connected overnight. If no luck, keep disconnecting and connecting and leaving each time for at least an hour.

I would contact GoPro and demand a new battery in any case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks for your answer. i still have a question i buy the karma online from other site not from gopro they gonna change my battery if the karma is not from their store? i think they should because is still a gopro product!?

I think they would as long as you have receipt. Does not hurt to try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im gonna call monday and ask thanks for your help

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the only difference is that red tape and the date. Went to the shop where I bought the second drone and I will get the battery changed. However this is odd as the model numbers are the same and the dates on those two batteries.

printed circuit assembly

Last edited:
Cheers for all on your answers. I got another battery (as part of the warranty). The new one was without the red stripe but works with both drones. Also the data was older than it the battery that did not work. Strange.

In fact, there were so many strange things with both GoPro Karmas that I bought DJI Mavic Pro. No problems with that drone. All three separately bought batteries work fine - however all need to be updated to the latest software version (of the battery) - otherwise they wont work. I guess Karma does not have this feature (and so many more that are included in DJI Mavic Pro). Sad.

Cheers for all on your answers. I got another battery (as part of the warranty). The new one was without the red stripe but works with both drones. Also the data was older than it the battery that did not work. Strange.

In fact, there were so many strange things with both GoPro Karmas that I bought DJI Mavic Pro. No problems with that drone. All three separately bought batteries work fine - however all need to be updated to the latest software version (of the battery) - otherwise they wont work. I guess Karma does not have this feature (and so many more that are included in DJI Mavic Pro). Sad.
I know this is an old post, but the red stripe are the batteries that come with the karma's kit, I have 4 karmas and every battery that came with the kits has the red stripe, all the spare batteries I purchased are without it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS