Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Anyone Hacking the Karma?

Billybob

Reaction score
So, I'm interested to see if anyone has experimented with hacking the Karma. We could extend the range and do a number of things with it. Let me know what's going on-thanks!

Karma can already get much distance, béyond àny normal needs just go menu remove restric.

Reactions: Mike
I have just returned from Rarotonga, the capital island of the Cook Islands in the South Pacific. All went well with my Karma Drone but, don't push it! It is not a racing machine. It is a stable platform to carry your GoPro camera. Take a look at this clip and you will see what I mean. Oh yes! turn up your sound.

So, I'm interested to see if anyone has experimented with hacking the Karma. We could extend the range and do a number of things with it. Let me know what's going on-thanks!

I second this. It would be nice to be able to select the wi-fi channel. Then, with a scanner app, one could select the cleanest channel to minimize flight interference issues.

Reactions: Leadmoto
I would remind sUAS pilots that the legal limits on flying your Karma is 400 feet vertically and within normal line of sight. For a Karma that is about 1/4 mile. In some areas of the USA the FAA is starting to enforce the rules.

Reactions: Billybob
I would remind sUAS pilots that the legal limits on flying your Karma is 400 feet vertically and within normal line of sight. For a Karma that is about 1/4 mile. In some areas of the USA the FAA is starting to enforce the rules.

You can already change altitude, distance etc on the Karma in the menu.
I’m more interested if anyone is working on the WiFi signal or trying to water proof it. The camera is already waterproof . Some basic modifications to this drone would make it great [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am trying to keep the Karma from hacking things...

So here you go. I just ordered one on eBay.
Let the fun begin!!

Reactions: mefisto82
Let the fun begin!!

I just bought one as well.
I work in RF so I should be able to look at the drone's set up too and maybe hang a wand on the belly of it.
Life has been belly belly good to me... :)

Let the fun begin!!

Thank you so much for sharing, have you flown with it? Did you really noticed any difference?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for sharing, have you flown with it? Did you really noticed any difference?

Thanks,

Have not received yet- will have to install.

I just spoke to Ricardo with elite and he has a guy that will install these antennas. Also, I'm wondering if any of you RF guys can test the signals on the controller before and after the install?
Would be good to know.--Thanks!

So,,,,,,,

I installed and broke one lead to SMA female and they sent me a new one. This is a very weak connection. I used a product called Shoe-Goo to do as shown. Will be flying some this coming weekend.

87bbc346399e98a8c1124009a75001c5.jpg

I’m Polish [emoji41]

Hey there Billybob.

So I read about all this hacking/range extender by ITElite, and I am getting interested in it. I bought my Karma on September last year, but still I have not fly it yet because of the risk of losing it (after reading so many reviews).

So how was your flight with the rangepro? You feel more confident during the flight? Mind to share your experience? :)

Reactions: Billybob
Hey there Billybob.

So I read about all this hacking/range extender by ITElite, and I am getting interested in it. I bought my Karma on September last year, but still I have not fly it yet because of the risk of losing it (after reading so many reviews).

So how was your flight with the rangepro? You feel more confident during the flight? Mind to share your experience? :)

It’s working great. It’s adjustable so you can point it at the drone. We don’t know how far it extends the signal but it’s definitely stronger it at least doubles the signal. I bought 2 of them, but only needed one.i have the other one for sale on eBay for 80.00 if you want it.

It’s working great. It’s adjustable so you can point it at the drone. We don’t know how far it extends the signal but it’s definitely stronger it at least doubles the signal. I bought 2 of them, but only needed one.i have the other one for sale on eBay for 80.00 if you want it.

Great to know that!
When you said that "you can point it at the drone", means that the drone MUST be in sight? What about interference from other wifi signal, can you feel any difference? Also during your flight with the range extender, you flew it at open area with no building/metal around, or otherwise? What was the furthest distant you flown the drone with the extender?
I am in Japan right now and I tried to search for the similar range extender but could not find any.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS