Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Anyone Buying the new karma?

Well I planned on buying the GoPro karma when it came back on sale in the uk ,then noticed that they have put the price up by £100.....
I just carnt understand why they would put the price up from £1099 to £1199,but we all do know that there profits and share prices have drop,plus job loses...
Surely if the wanna beat dji mavic at there own game the price should have been cheaper to make the GoPro karma a better buy ,it seems to me that GoPro havnt learned from the go pro session over price mistake in the past....
It's a real shame cause I really wanted the GoPro karma but now it seems the dji mavic is the the better drone for the money

Everyone talks about the Karma not having collision avoidance. But if you watch the Phantom 4 and Mavic Pro crash compilations they all seem to run into trees. What good is collision avoidance if it cant detect trees which are a drones worst enemy.

Funny thing about collision avoidance is it's really only good for people who have experience flying and then it's hardly needed. The reason I say that is because for the new pilot, they rely on the sensors to keep them out of trouble and push the drone limits beyond their own skill. This, ultimately, will lead to a crash.

I was watching a GoPro Karma video and something said at the end of the clip caught my attention. It was said that for Karma, "The end goal is not go flying, the end goal is to capture something really compelling and gratifying to you".

Karma does this. Karma is not for the person who wants to push limits flying their drone. Karma is not for the person who wants to fly 2 miles out and out of LOS. Karma is not for the irresponsible pilot who doesn't take into account laws, regulations and safety. Karma is for the person who wants to capture an amazing moment, and is willing to behave responsibly while doing it.

For me, Karma is an extension of my capturing abilities and it more than satisfies my needs. I think Mavic is an amazing little drone, and if all I wanted was 25 minutes of aerial footage, well I still wouldn't get it because I want that footage to be great. Maybe the Phantom 4 Pro, but now I'm spending hundreds more and still don't have my hand held & mountable stabilizer with my waterproof 4K, voice activated, GPS enabled, RAW and WDR photo, auto cloud updating, ISO and shutter speed adjustable, Protune audio, touch screen camera. And I get this all with GoPro Support, 30 day no questions asked 1 year warranty. DJI gives you 7 days from delivery to return the drone. Oh, and only if you didn't fly it. No thanks.

Finally, if comparing flight time to other drones, yes Karma is on the lower end. However, when comparing capturing times, which Karma is designed to do, then nobody beats Karma. To add it up: Flight 18-20min, land and film with Grip 1.5-2 hours min, remove camera from stabilizer and film for another 1.5 hours or do a time laps for longer. This gives you about 3.5 - 4+ hours of filming. All done with the same camera, which is very important when editing it all together.

Sorry this is long, but the OP asked for a review of sorts, so here we to.

I disagree with those who say the Mavic is "better". It is an apples and oranges comparison. In that regard, this is similar to a BMW vs. a pickup (I have owned both) . Sure with the BMW, it is fast, drives on rails, fun and can park itself, but it is limited to the pavement; but also in speed unless you want a ticket. With a truck, I can hookup my boat, camper, or just load it up to go off road and enjoy the outdoors. And, it still allows me to go on all the roads as the BMW...

Same with the Karma vs. the Mavic. Both travel roads, though the Mavic much better. the Mavic is faster, has autonomous flying with obstacle avoidance, but like the BMW can get you into legal trouble if you let this get away from you be it line of sight, height, etc. Obstacle avoidance is great, but should you really be that close to a tree, person, building, etc? Just fly...

I have a buddy with the Mavic and there is no doubt it is a very nice and stable unit. It does hover dead still where the Karma will float a bit. If you are 75' up and looking down, you won't see it on video, less if looking at the horizon, though focusing on closer subjects can show it as well if windy. The Karma does handle wind well though. The Mavic has a ton of options, that you may or may not use and while it does have more flight paths, I wonder how many will really use them? Like anything, more options may prove a liability and waste.

I would also argue especially with the options, the video of the Karma is better and certainly not a point of contention between the two. You will also never see the rotors on the Karma, where the Mavic has a tendency to catch them. In fact the gimbal on this Karma is amazing. You slam the stick and video does not waver, nor show you blades.

Comparing the two as I said however is really a misguided argument. If we are talking "drone vs. drone", IN the air, I think it is clear that aside from video quality that could be argued either way, the Mavic is a better drone in just about every way including its small size. BUT, for $1000 vs. $400, I would fully expect that... I will explain.

The Mavic is a nice piece of hardware, and if you already have multiple GoPro's, a gimbal, and or plan on doing considerable aerial videography, then it is probably your best option for an additional $1K. if you only want a BMW, or already have a truck and don't care about expense, Mavic is the way to go. Of course like the BMW, you may not need, or really be able to take advantage of that extra speed, so is it really justifiable?

The Karma however at $1100 gives you a Hero5 at $400, a gimbal at $300, then the drone and a case for $400; a pretty good deal. The value and flexibility is unmatched, especially noting the extreme quality of the video you are able to get with the Hero5. If you have a Hero4 or less, you already know the image stabilization while just digital for now on the 5 is still a huge deal. Add to that the gimbal and your video on and off the drone is dead still; amazing really. It is waterproof, so you can take it swimming, boating, diving, you name it. You can take it on land, and with the gimbal, can really get incredible cinematic type shots. This can't be done on the Mavic unless you want to put out an additional $700 plus for the camera, gimbal, micro SD, case for all, etc. I also like that the FOV even at linear is wider than the Mavic. Remember though, linear is only needed if you are looking at the horizon, or far distances. You can widen it up for other compositions...

I have a lot of hours on the Karma and I am still quite happy with it. It really has a bad rap, certainly justifiably BEFORE the recall. Since however it has been months with no Karmas falling from the sky. You still have many complaining of flight issues such as the drone having a mind of it's own, or crashing, but every video I have seen, you can point to inexperience and pilot error from not setting the appropriate return height, to losing line of sight, flying to high in the clouds, etc. Just by watching the videos you pick up many queues of inexperience from having no clue the FAA rules, not registering, or recognizing flight restrictions per location. Really, it comes down to a bunch of knuckleheads that frankly will ruin drone flight for us all because they lack the common sense to read what amounts to a very short and basic manual before putting it in the air. They fail to understand how it reacts under circumstances such as lost controller connection when they fly behind a building, so the drone hovers a moment, then automatically flies to 70' and smashes into a 100' building, landing on a bunch of people? How many errors do we see here and we have not even discussed experience in manual control? Adding no FAA registration and in restricted mode, add 2 more to 3 plus already... I imagine if you need to let the BMW parallel park for you, then whatever, but I prefer to be self sufficient.

Anyway, you just can't beat this for the price. If price is no concern, and you make tons of aerial video, then the Mavic is likely the way to go. But remember, nobody really wants to see continuous aerial video. Like most things in life, and especially videography, less is more. This drone should be used to accentuate your existing video's, not necessarily create 5 minutes of mundane footage that is lost after the novelty is gone. For me, value is still a hurdle that I won't allow myself to get lost in. The GoPro does a phenomenal job as proven by Hollywood. For me, I will gladly take the $700 plus that I would have paid for something of infrequent use, and apply it to another lens for my 7D that will get more usage, get some spare batteries. Or maybe I just apply it to my airfare to Belize. So while ego Tom is getting video of his back yard nobody wants to see, I am getting a nice orbit path over the Great Blue Hole.

All my rant behind me, some main points below as to my experience so far.

Pros

· Flexibility is unmatched; the Hero5 can literally go anywhere, AND look almost of professional quality while doing it. Certainly surpassing the ability of most clods like me.

· Impossibly easy to fly. Extremely stable even in wind, though at 2 lbs that helps. Let off the sticks and it hovers. Very precise movements.

· Auto landing. Depending on the situation, this can/will return to you, return to launch or if you are a really bad pilot, it will land in place because you ran the battery too low for it to return to launch. I have tested multiple situations in letting the battery drain and shutting the controller off while in flight with the Karma operating as designed and returning to launch. I have never had the controller lose connection while flying, heck even when I tried to stuff it deep in my truck during my test it would not lose connection until I finally resorted to powering it off.

· Autopaths. Dronie, cable cam and oribt are used often in Hollywood, and most often in aerial videography. Reveal isn't used quite as much for me and while I would like the addition of others, having these are good. They certainly will help allow even the most novice pilots get outstanding video.

Cons

· Battery: Does this really need to be this big/heavy to hold a Hero5? Maybe. I get that the technology is limited here. Like my 7D, hero3+ and all other photography equipment it is standard to buy spare batteries. It will help ensure you don't push a single battery too far getting that perfect shot. Plan you composition, get it in the air and do your business. Practice before you do this for real, don't waste time at your destination and you will be fine.

· Auto paths. While I like the auto paths it has, it would be nice to add some points to the cable cam. More important than that though would be a follow me feature. The Hero5 has the quality, so no reason this can't be implemented in an update. Fingers crossed.

· Hovering. This is splitting hairs, and only really noticeable at 50' or lower when it is windy. But I do have some shots that could benefit from rock steady hovering like the Mavic has. It's not a deal breaker though and I see more value elsewhere, which is why I have the Karma instead of the Mavic.

· Planning: I would like to be able to plan better, maybe even set points on the controller via map, or better still on a computer. It has maps, so seems like a little programming could aid.

· Tracking: In the event of a crash, loss, or just to show law enforcement in the even some dork claims I was harassing them, or flying in restricted areas, I would like a cookie feature, or at a minimum the last known contact point. Garden variety navigation units have this and GoPro support can access the data, so it should be easy to incorporate for the pilot.

· Sure, I can add to the wish list, but in reality, this is a $400 drone. Can you really expect this technology for that? For that price, the fact that it is in the same conversation as the Mavic is a win. Note I did not say the Phantom 4. Poor video and no portability removes it from my discussion.

Make no mistake, this Karma is the real thing. It easily surpasses many if not all of the phantoms and other drones out there with exception to the Mavic and some of the other high end units. This is not the $600 drone you get without the gimbal, or even some with the gimbal. Right out of the box you CAN get video that surpasses your skill level. It is a stable unit that is easy to fly. As long as you use common sense, this will be a valuable asset.

Thanks for the review, interesting reading. I've just picked up a Karma and agree with the majority of your points. So far I'm impressed with the package and the video and higher level flight video stability has blown me away.

Yep i was also swayed by the reviews here and i had held off for the Mavic for months, we are off to west coast USA this year and the Karma seemed to tick all the boxes, first test today and i have to say its a nice drone to fly.

I own a 3DR SOLO, MAVIC PRO and yesterday purchased KARMA BUNDLE ---
Important to think about ---in my opinion Karma is trying to fill a different space, not trying to dominate Drone market or even compete with DJI or Yuneec ---its more about the experience of capturing great video with GoPros. GP has all these crazy mounts to put a GP on anything --- and thats why the Karma makes sense in the GoPro Echo System --- its a mount in the air!

So if you want the best drone for the money --- not the Karma, although it is pretty darn good. The Mavic is an incredible bang for the buck and the Phantom 4 Pro is a videographers dream (if you are a hobbyist) --- but the Karma has a cool place in my setup --- its VERY fast to get in the air and I LOVE the all in one controller!

I have only flown it for 45 minutes so haven't encountered issues yet but Im sure they are coming BUT know this ---each drone manufacturer has its issues --- nature of the beast. 3DR is amazing but flaky as hell --- My Mavic fell out of sky the first day I had it which means a month in the shop with DJI slow turnaround repairs.

Looking forward to getting to know my Karma more!

LOVE ThE KARMA GRIP!!!

Reactions: Rambler358
Hi all,

This is a really good discussion and one that I am taking a particular interest in as I am at a crossroads in terms of what drone to end up with.

I recently bought a Mavic Pro and used it for about three weeks.
First off, its worth just saying that it is an amazing piece of kit and its diminutive size makes it perfect for just carrying around on days out.

However, from the first day of ownership I noticed the now, well documented, blurry footage from the camera.
I spent the rest of my time with the drone trying to 'dial-out' this issue via the various suggestions kicking around on the net, but whatever I did, I still noticed the blur !

So, I decided to return my Mavic for assessment and am currently waiting for the retailer to confirm the 'fault'.

This leaves me with a decision to make when that confirmation has taken place.
Do I go for another Mavic and risk falling foul of another camera irregularity, or do I move to the GoPro camp ??

Now, like we all do, I have watched and read countless reviews on the web for both the Mavic and the Karma and its clear that they share primarily only one thing.
They are drones with cameras !!
After that, the 'differences' start to mount up, but for every positive for each brand, there is also a negative.

After my Mavic 'disappointment', I am starting to swing towards a Karma as it really does seem to be the complete package.
There's no doubting that the Mavic has all the bells and whistles but in reality, I am a very careful flyer whose primary objective is to capture good footage and not necessarily push the envelope in terms of how far or high I can fly my drone.

Anyway, it would be nice to see comments from others who have owned both systems but I'll end by just noting my main (but minor) reservation about the Karma.
Noise !

How loud is it and how high do you have to go before it becomes barely audible ?

Cheers,

K.

I also happend to buy new Karma. Im newbee in this drone thing.
First I got it in Bestbuy.
Came home left it for couple days. Had no time for it. Then charged it, also got 1 xtra battery and propellers. Just in case. I never had any other drones before ! so can't compare, but! One but. I bought mavic same day . That was freaking fairytale, I tried updating it , than it stuck on 15% amd start flying by itself, and crashed into my fishtank. And gimbal broke, camera was crushed. And where is the obst. Avoidance? Huh? "Laughing "
Returned it back right away.
Than I took my Karma outside maybe karma also will fly by itself , but now, updated everything, start motors , and auto take off is very nice. Also nice to have handheld stabilizer, and gopro 5 by itself and do some amazing videos underwater. Gopro also been around for a while. And to be honest for the first drone , they did amazing job?! I love it by far! Only thing maybe is better for myself is Inspire 2 with X5S camera.

Just an update to my previous reply/query.

I finally took the plunge and bought a Karma.
I've had two flights with it so far and I can honestly say that I am very pleased with the package as a whole.

I say package because a big part of its appeal is the fact that I got the Karma grip as well and that adds the ability to shoot handheld and aerial footage, all from one pack.

The only obvious negative is battery life of the drone but I've already invested in two more batteries to keep the fun going for longer :)

So far, so good and I'm glad I went with the Karma rather than risking another Mavic and a potentially blurry camera :-(

Cheers !
K.

Very cool.
Is this your first drone? How do you plan to use Karma?

Karma is one of the easiest drones to fly and the controller is the best with it's simplicity, bright on screen display, and comfort in the hands.

If this is your first drone I strongly suggest you take it easy but fly often. Make sure you fly in an open area free if obstructions and interference.

You might be tempted to start pushing the limits right away but you should resist that urge. It's important to become so familiar with flying that you can control the drone no matter what the orientation (facing forward, backward, & sideways) without looking at the controller screen. If you fly 3-5 times a week you should be proficient in about a month. While you might get there sooner, set a goal of at least 15 flights before you start pushing the limits.

Keep an eye on your battery level and don't fly it so low that the auto RTL kicks in. If it does, wether from low battery or loss of connection, remember that the drone will rise to the height set in the controller's flight limits before you will regain control while it fly's home. If you are under an overhang you need to cancel the auto RTL by pressing the (X) on the controller screen. When the drone kicks into auto mode it fly's at full speed so this will happen very fast.

Finally, all drones can and do lose GPS occasionally. If this happens, keep in mind that any input from the controller is going to be over exaggerated from what you're used to when the drone is in GPS mode. Don't crank the sticks in any direction. You have to fly with finesse and be cognitive of the wind. The wind, combined with the thinner air, can have a strong effect on the drone when GPS is lost. The higher up the drone is in the air, the more influence the wind has on the drone's behaviour.

The above isn't specific to Karma but for any drone. Just about all drone crashes and "fly aways" are from new pilots and/or people flying in ways or locations that cause the crash or loss of the drone.

Karma comes with a very capable drone and it does what it was designed to do very well. Be sure to download the updates (you'll see a little download icon on the top right of the controller screen) as soon as you connect your controller to your home WiFi. Become familiar with all of the camera settings and be sure to add the amazingly smooth video you can shoot hand held and body mounted with the Grip to your videos. If you do, you will be able to create much more compelling and enjoyable to watch videos than if you just shoot aerial footage.

Congratulations on your new filming system. Be sure to come back and share some links to your videos!

For more info on your drone be sure to read the manual https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/karma/manuals/Karma_UM_ENG_REVA_Web.pdf

The GoPro Karma info site GoPro Official Website - Capture + share your world - Karma

And check out Abe Kislevits site to learn all of your Karma drone, Grip, and camera features and how to get the most from them Category Archives: GoPro Related

@Rambler358 And to add onto what @JudoSurfer was discussing, the Karma controller has a virtual flight simulator -- definitely spend time training with that. I probably spent about 3 hours playing with sim before doing a first flight. I got to the point where I could do a manual orbit around various objects (trees and the virtual "me"). I used the sim while I was researching for suitable location to fly.

One wish I had for the Sim -- I wish it included sim actions for the auto flight paths (orbit, dronie, etc) so you can learn how to set the various waypoints.

By the way, if anyone is curious: the virtual playground is modeled after the boardwalk / skakepark at Venice Beach, CA. (I live about 5 miles away. If you look hard, you see me waving way back in the background)

Last comment (just came to mind): Considering the runaway issues many people are having, I am not sure if you can keep the controller/stabilizer/drone at the v1.0 firmware rather than getting forced up to "problematic" v1.5. You may be forced to accept the downloading of FW updates.

OK, one very last comment: @JudoSurfer advised about flying while watching battery level. I totally agree. But, on first flight, this should not be too much of an issue, as you should be practicing take offs and landings first (and dealing with and getting used to looking at the drone directly, and watching what's on the controller), then practice distance flying (probably on second battery charge).

Reactions: Rambler358
Very cool.
Is this your first drone? How do you plan to use Karma?
Yes, this will be my first drone. I almost got the DJI Spark and had it pre-ordered, but cancelled that and ordered the Karma which I should have mid next week. See my other post "Was waffling back and forth..." here: https://gopropilots.com/threads/was-waffling-back-and-forth.129/#post-703
I plan to mostly use it while motorcycling, and also on vacation trips. I take a lot of motorcycle trips into the SoCal mountains around here, and also weekend trips to various scenic motorcycling destinations. There's many places where the Hero 5 and Karma can take some great photos and video. I'd like to try out the Hero on the Karma grip while riding and see what that's like. The wife and I are planning a 2 week trip to Europe near the end of this year, and I was hoping to bring the Karma kit with me. I've been trying to do some research on what drone laws are like in Europe, and it doesn't look good. We'll be traveling to Amsterdam, Paris, Italy, Germany, France and Switzerland. A lot of the tourist attractions here indicated as NFZs, and that's likely to limit any flying. But I'm sure the Karma grip and Hero 5 will get plenty of use.
Thanks for the links, I hope to read up on everything before the Karma arrives.

Reactions: JudoSurfer
@Rambler358 And to add onto what @JudoSurfer was discussing, the Karma controller has a virtual flight simulator -- definitely spend time training with that. I probably spent about 3 hours playing with sim before doing a first flight. I got to the point where I could do a manual orbit around various objects (trees and the virtual "me"). I used the sim while I was researching for suitable location to fly.
Definitely plan on doing that.
By the way, if anyone is curious: the virtual playground is modeled after the boardwalk / skakepark at Venice Beach, CA. (I live about 5 miles away. If you look hard, you see me waving way back in the background)
Very cool! I'm not too far from there in the Harbor/Torrance/Southbay area.
OK, one very last comment: @JudoSurfer advised about flying while watching battery level. I totally agree. But, on first flight, this should not be too much of an issue, as you should be practicing take offs and landings first (and dealing with and getting used to looking at the drone directly, and watching what's on the controller), then practice distance flying (probably on second battery charge).
Thanks - yes, plan on doing this also! :)

Reactions: JudoSurfer
Just purchased a Karma, "refurbished" outfit and I'm very impressed with everything. My first drone was a Yuneec Q500 4K, (all manual drone with no sensors). I have nothing bad to say about Yuneec drones, mine never failed once, I produced a couple of videos with the drone and not once did it lose it's connection to the controller.

The quality with the Karma kit is first class & my "refurbished" outfit appears to be brand new, I can't find a scratch on it. Since I'm used to an all manual drone & I'm a certified FAA Part 107 Pilot, I have no problem with the drone not having any optical flow sensors. Others have brought up this point and I agree, the Karma is a part of the GoPro ecosystem and needs to be considered as such. I would think of the Karma drone as a "Ford" and not a "Ferrari". I didn't pay for a Ferrari, so I don't expect that type of performance from it. If you're considering this drone system, another thing I wanted to point out is that of all of the negative, "crash" Karma videos out there, about 50% to 75% are posted by people who probably didn't read the manual, didn't understand the drone's limitations, functionality and expected the product to be something it isn't. I'm looking forward to giving this system a good test, but for now, I'm upgrading the firmware in all of the components, will spend some time with the controller, "flight trainer" and am going to spend the time to read all 31 pages of the manual.

Just purchased a Karma, "refurbished" outfit and I'm very impressed with everything. My first drone was a Yuneec Q500 4K, (all manual drone with no sensors). I have nothing bad to say about Yuneec drones, mine never failed once, I produced a couple of videos with the drone and not once did it lose it's connection to the controller.

The quality with the Karma kit is first class & my "refurbished" outfit appears to be brand new, I can't find a scratch on it. Since I'm used to an all manual drone & I'm a certified FAA Part 107 Pilot, I have no problem with the drone not having any optical flow sensors. Others have brought up this point and I agree, the Karma is a part of the GoPro ecosystem and needs to be considered as such. I would think of the Karma drone as a "Ford" and not a "Ferrari". I didn't pay for a Ferrari, so I don't expect that type of performance from it. If you're considering this drone system, another thing I wanted to point out is that of all of the negative, "crash" Karma videos out there, about 50% to 75% are posted by people who probably didn't read the manual, didn't understand the drone's limitations, functionality and expected the product to be something it isn't. I'm looking forward to giving this system a good test, but for now, I'm upgrading the firmware in all of the components, will spend some time with the controller, "flight trainer" and am going to spend the time to read all 31 pages of the manual.

You will love it mate. It is so easy to fly. Not having the sensors is a real bonus IMHO as it makes you more careful with your flights and therefore you get better video footage.....

Thank you, I appreciate your positive inspiration. Looking forward to my first flight.

I have a bunch of drones. Each of them has plusses and minuses compared to the the others. Honestly I was going to avoid the Karma for a couple of reasons including (but not limited to) their history of falling out of the sky, the fact it is discontinued, lack of sensors, and a couple of other things. Of course it went on sale so I bought it.

The "falling out of the sky" thing is always in the back of my mind so I do fly it differently than my other drones, but here are my thoughts:

1. It is easy to fly. Too easy in some regards. It does what you tell it to do, whether or not that is a good idea. The lack of sensors allows you to fly directly into trees, buildings, etc. if you want.
  2. I did have a disconnect on one of my first flights. It wasn't a matter of distance because I could have thrown the controller and hit the drone at the 15 feet it was from me. Haven't had any other issues yet.
  3. You have to land it. This might seem like an obvious statement, but it isn't and here's why. Landing any of the other drones I have (air, spark, evo, H) you have to hold the throttle down to actually get it to land. If you do that with the Karma it will bounce off the ground. This is very similar to how the original phantom was. Completely due to lack of sensors, but something to keep in mind if you have a history with other drones.
  4. Image quality is great (obviously), but GoPro made some questionable decisions with the cameras. The fact you can't shoot 4k in linear is maddening.
  5. The controller is awesome. Probably my favorite controller of any of the drones. Matches the portability of DJI remotes with the screen of the H.
  6. Range is terrible. This is the only thing that I find completely awful about the drone. The range is laughably short. I'm not a distance flier (seeing how far out I can get) and always fly within visible sight, but signal starts to break up at a couple hundred feet. Never got to total loss, but the fact that it loses signal so close sucks.
  7. FOV is very different compared to other drones. This is not necessarily good or bad, but something to keep in mind if you're used to other drones.

Overall I like the Karma and if someone already has a 5 or higher GoPro the 299 package would be a no brainer. I've thought about getting a spare just in case, but by itself unless you have unlimited funds or have a need for an action cam or hand held gimbal I'd be hard pressed to recommend this drone.

Reactions: Shon
Thank you for the heads up with the Karma !! I started with a Yuneec Q500 4K which has no sensors on it, so it should be a smooth transition. The one thing I will say about my former Q500 is that I never experienced a loss of signal, never had a battery connectivity issue or any issues for that matter, it just lacks the automated flight paths that are really handy. With Yuneec, I think you have to buy into the "H" series before you get the more advanced flight modes. With regards to limited range, it does seem a bit odd that other drone brands like DJI have external antennas on their controllers, but the external antennas are missing from the Karma Controller. It is certainly a shame that linear mode is not available in 4K, you would have thought that GoPro would have addressed that issue by the 7th version, but no. Maybe we'll see that issue resolved with the release of the GoPro 8? I've seen some incredible videos where individuals have been flying their Karma's around coastal areas and don't seem to have issues with range, others have complained about range issues. Is it possible that some Karma Controllers have a defect regarding limited range from the controller?

Last edited:
I had a q500 4K for a hot minute, but the transition should be easy, but I'd say that one was a better flier.

The lack of a linear option in a couple different option paths with the 6 is frustrating. I would hazard a guess that most people would prefer linear, but what do I know.

The thing I love the most (option wise) with the Karma is doing a hyperlapse while in flight. It gives a cool effect and if you do it right it looks awesome. I've done a hyperlapse of an orbit and an orbit that are the same duration, but the hyperlapse (which meant doing the orbit much, much slower while filming) has this cool feel to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS